Started by Tiger, November 24, 2007, 05:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supervision

" border="0

jasonm.

I see someone has an old Honda Hawk...
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Rick G

Thanks Extent, I'll get started on it , this is amajor undertaking , I'm on a dial up!! :D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

VisionMeister

Looks like someone is working on a 305 MotoGP bike.
Looks like skunkworks welding... beautiful.
Should have made it for a vision motor.

Rick G

Vision racer pics are on there way! maybe we will see the tomorrow.
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Extent

Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

kwells

That is definitely an interesting dual pipe design.  Wish we had some sound on that.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

mdskinner731

that is freakin awsome.. lookin good.. lets get a sound clip of it ???
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

Night Vision

that front "yipe" looks better than I thought it would.. nice work Rick, I see you went for equal pipe lenghts.... how'd she go? any re-jetting required?...
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Rick G

I owned the Vision racer for awhile , But I didn't build it.  A friend , Jim Vargo of Vancouver WA. owned it before me , but he didn't build it either. He wanted to get it going , but it had a badly rusted bore on the rear cylinder and he wanted to rebore it. However ,when he realized that no pistons or rings were available , he lost interest. He traded it to me along with a second Vision and  a XS 850 which I sold. The motor from the second vision now lives in my bike (with a different top end) . As we were moving to AZ. I had to scrap the racer. The dual disc front end is on my bike,as is the gas tank, the lowered seat, went to a short legged fellow, on the forum,who sold it not long after. The frame and swing arm sit in my back yard in case I ever need a rear end or swing arm bearings.
I never heard it run , but the carbs were 1 size up on the mains, every thing else was stock.
It would not be impossable to get a sound bite, we only need to ask Stobil , alias, Blake Stoddard,  you can see the left pipe peaking out, from under the bike, in his avatar.
He said the thing was unbelieveably loud , would set of car alarms at 100 yards. He loves it. If we ask him, I'll bet he will record it for us.
John Clemmons , may know more of this bike, it was raced  in the Portland area. John you out there?
Rick G

mdskinner731

actually  come  to  think  of  it  my  old  neighbor  used  to  race  older  yamahas...  i  think  i  remember  him  saying  he  used  to  race  a  vision..  i  kno  he  had  his  old  racer  out  behind  his  house  but  it  was  all  wercked  and  barely  fixable  (not  sure  what  it  was  i  was  to  young  to  remember)  but  ill  look  in  to  it  and  see  if  he  still  has  it!!
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

supervision

" border="0

supervision

" border="0

supervision

" border="0

QBS

Wow! Tricked to the max.  Bet valve adjusting was zero fun.

Tiger

:) I've now got a buddy of mine to make a "Y" pipe, to link the two exhaust pipe's into the R6 muffler. Once I get it back I can see how it all fit's and looks... ::), get her fired up and see how she runs...when the snow goes away!!!

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

inanecathode

DOOOOOOOOD!
Get him to make a few of them. The Y pipe is the hardest part of making an exhaust.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

kiwibum

Quote from: Ron_McCoy on November 25, 2007, 09:32:55 PM
clamp the #15 collars to the flanges on # 3&4 with needle nose vice grips or small finger clamps, and tack them to the Y pipe.  Remove the Y pipe and weld out the # 15s.

Thanks for this advice Ron, I did this upgrade on a 400 I'm selling. Be aware it also requires a small amount of metal removed on the frame to be able to re-insert the Y into place. Doing it this way also enabled me to use standard exhaust copper crush o-rings rather than special order Yamaha solid copper rings. Seems to be working just fine after a 20km test ride.

kiwibum

Here is some photos of a modified exhaust on one of my 400's, it's a very nice little adapter pipe welded  out of cut U bends (I'm assuming this is how it was made, I didn't make it but it's welded out of short curved bits) with a single baffle exiting out the RHS. Sounds much nicer than the standard twin pipes as well.

Tiger

:) Kiwibum...Can you post a "standback" picture, so I can see how it looks mounted altogether please. It looks like a solid job mate.
I'll be using the MAC front pipe, a similar rear pipe that is coming off of the rear MAC muffler and adding a short "Y" section to bring it all together into a single R's muffler... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!