News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Custom exhaust maybe...

Started by Tiger, November 24, 2007, 05:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

I got 'em.... lets see if this works?.......

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Night Vision

whoo hoo.... nice work Barry.

just for clarification... that's not a "Y Pipe" for the rear cylinder. It's a "Y Pipe" to connect the rear cylinder mac exhaust and the front cylinder mac exhaust systems into the R1 can.

Tiger, what size is the outlet on that Y / inlet on the can?

;D

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on March 05, 2008, 07:13:22 PM
Tiger, what size is the outlet on that Y / inlet on the can?

:)...2 1/8" I.D...I have it all hooked up...well ummmm, sort of!! I removed the MAC's, cut a wee bit here and bent a wee bit there. I didn't have a clamp for the "Y" outlet/can inlet, so I used aluminum tape as a temp' repair at the joint's and some cord to hold the muffler up...sound really good. A lot quieter ::)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

that oughta work.... that's pretty similar to the predators... final Y into a can with a 50.8mm / 2" core

make sure she gives me a call  :D :D :D  ;D
;D

Tiger

;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Thanks for posting the pics N_V 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Tiger

::) Bugger it, I've gone back to the MAC's!!!!!
The R6 muffler sounded good, however, it stuck out past the licence plate by 3 or 4 inches and because its a fat muffler, it would have come into contact with the rear axle every time the swing arm moved up ('n down), unless I pointed the thing outward away from the bike...and that looked really stupid. Ah well, nothing ventured, nothing gained...besides, as I've said before...I LOVE MY MAC'S .

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Night Vision

;D

pullshocks

Did you take a picture of it?

Tiger

kiawrench

uh , tiger,,, if it hits,, you could always "adapt'  the can just a bit, if you only need a half inch or so, by creating a shallow indent where clearance is needed , , your friends shop would have just the tools for that. have seen quite a few bikes with rear side of can set in a bit to clear something or other.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Ron_McCoy

Mine has been "clearanced" to clear the axle at full compression of the rear suspension.  Got it right on the second try.  Otherwise you have to mount the can too far out or too high.