News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

vision tank and trim on ebay

Started by arfa vmax, December 01, 2007, 04:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arfa vmax

h2olawyer

Wow - would that look sweet on Tractor!  Too bad I've got so much $$ tied up in continuing legal education classes & Christmas gifts right now.  I'd be jumping on this stuff big time.

Someone will have a nice restoration with these bits.   8)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

8) Hmmmmm, now on my e-bay watch list 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kwells

Looks tasty...I emailed the seller.  He said this:

Dear kwellz,

if you look at my other items i have had questions on both about shipping to us cheepset quote i could get was £250.00 english pounds.because of the exchange rate of the dollar at the moment it might be worth looking in to having the parts collected yourself.
hope this helps.

- tbsfl

HMMMM 500.00 to get them here
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

QBS

Consider it this way:  What is the value of a new tank plus all the various pieces?  Then add in how much it would cost to paint the entire collection.  Asumming $1.45 to the Pound, shipping would cost $362.50.

kwells

british pound is a touch over 2 usd would be over 500.00

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Quote from: QBS on December 01, 2007, 08:08:08 PM
Consider it this way:  What is the value of a new tank plus all the various pieces?  Then add in how much it would cost to paint the entire collection.  Asumming $1.45 to the Pound, shipping would cost $362.50.

Why paint 'em?  They're all NOS parts AND they're in the fastest color!!!!   ;D  Besides, the decals & emblems are all euro version - you would be original without even touching any paint.  Still, shipping is brutal with the weak dollar.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

even the goods cost will be brutal with the weak dollar

www.wellsmoto.com

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

QBS

Robert, what I was trying to convey is that the purchase price, at whatever it ends up being, will include an excellent paint job.

h2olawyer

Quote from: QBS on December 01, 2007, 09:29:49 PM
Robert, what I was trying to convey is that the purchase price, at whatever it ends up being, will include an excellent paint job.

Agreed - the cost of collecting all those parts over here USED, then refurbishing & painting them would run more than the shipping costs at present. 

The description says the bits have some dings from storage.  Still, I bet that even left as is, the parts would look better than quite a few of out Vs.  The bonus is the rarity of the paint & graphics scheme on this side of the pond.

H2O

YellowJacket!

thats exactly what my NOS Euro tank from Germany looked like.  Shipping cost was around $100.00 (I think...it may have been less).  It came in a very large box with a lot of packing and weighed about 30lbs.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tiger

:-\ I'm thinking that, IF I do go for and win this...I'd have it shipped to my son in the north of England and he can bring it out with him in the spring/summer ;D ;D 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

Quote from: Tiger on December 02, 2007, 03:44:26 PM
:-\ I'm thinking that, IF I do go for and win this...I'd have it shipped to my son in the north of England and he can bring it out with him in the spring/summer ;D ;D 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

duct tape a handle on the tank, and viola! carry on luggage  :D ...

...... the other stuff will fit in a suitcase  ;)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

QBS

Kwellz, congradulations on your winning bid.  What are your plans for all the goodies?

kwells

no exact plan just yet...but it looks like the #2 'parts' bike will become a road worthy Vision with some European paint work.

www.wellsmoto.com

YellowJacket!

Quote from: QBS on December 07, 2007, 09:32:09 PM
Kwellz, congradulations on your winning bid.  What are your plans for all the goodies?

He's building a NEW vision one NOS part at a time.  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

kwells

exactly...no expense is spared for my rusty framed beater

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Sounds to me like you may be building a track bike.   ;)

Now, if you can just find an Infinite Improbability Drive.

H2O

kwells

So, the tank and trim are finally now on their way to the US after having it shipped to a local UK address, repacked, and FedEx'd.  I'm not even going to say how much it will cost but it is probably more than most running Visions.

www.wellsmoto.com