News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

exhaust...missing parts?

Started by achie, December 14, 2007, 03:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

achie

I was just looking at the thread:"custom exhaust maybe? http://ridersofvision.net/forum/zindex.php?topic=7647.0
and saw the parts for the exhaust...

I seem to not have part #16. Does that keep exhaust from leaking? Pardon my ignorance please-I'm noobie at this. It didnt have it when I got the bike so for temporary fix I put that exhaust putty crap...which doesnt last very long at all. Is part 16 expensive or an unobtanium part?

inanecathode

Should be fairly common. Have you tried yamaha, see if its available?
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

inanecathode

If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

achie

thanks...I'll try the MC shop tomorrow. hopefully they have it so I can scrape the crap off that putty garbage  that I put on. Could this be why it leaks?

Tiger

Quote from: achie on December 14, 2007, 03:20:48 AM

I seem to not have part #16.

Given that you do not have part #16, do you have #14 & #15 ???...if not, you will need them.... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

QBS

#s 14 and 15 MUST be either new or in like new condition.  Otherwise, you WILL have exhaust leakage.  Don't BS yourself on this.  New or like new.

achie

I have 14 and 15 but I think it is as old as the bike. Do I still have to have 16? I will be replacing the gaskets as soon as I can.

Rick G

You do need them !  I have used spare ones. Pm me if you want them.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

achie

Got parts from Rick G !!! Thanks!