the good the bad and the ugly

Started by arfa vmax, December 16, 2007, 04:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arfa vmax

hello all  The good  :) Stripped and cleaned carbs(no dip though)fitted new float seats and needles,stripped,cleaned and rebuilt starter and finally got a chance to try and start my xz today after having it for about 3 months.   The bad  :( The starter would not fit back into the case,i think the new o ring is to big a section so i fit it without because i just wanted to hear the engine run.Turned petrol to pri and after a few seconds petrol ran from the front carb overflow,turned petrol off not bothered how it ran,just wanted to hear it :(.Ignition on every thing lit up :)choke on,pressed starter,mostly a grinding kind of noise with just the odd chugg when the engine turned :'( guess the starter clutch is coming off for repair.The ugly   :o my xz has forks from a cbx 550 because the p/o had a light spill and bent the original ones,he also had stainless down pipes made,and finally when i stripped the starter i found the main body was damaged and slightly out of shape where the o rings fit at each end. ??? Conclusion?????more than a light spill?front wheel bent back enough to trash down pipes and damage starter? Next chance  i get i will do a visual check of the frame and fork alignment

kwells

does sound a bit more than a slight fall...
got pics?
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

If you need a starter i might be convinced to send you one :)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

arfa vmax

If all goes well and with many thanks to dave tn this should be a picture of my V showing honda front end http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/arfa-vmax/000_1722.jpg

arfa vmax

huge grin  it works ;D ;D ;D ;D  just for good measure here is the picture i spend most time looking at.rear subframe removed and a single seat,mudguard mounted on swingarm tight to tyre,restyled tank,4 into 1 exhaust,front sets and the dellorto drla 36 carb i bought off ebay. burn me at the stake now   http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/arfa-vmax/000_1717.jpg

Night Vision

umm, maybe wrong pic maybe on the last link?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

arfa vmax

no its the right picture  ;D    you have to visualize it  !!!!!!!!!    visualize......vision.....   never mind.  I have tried to alter it using paint but it always looks like a 5 year old has done it.    on a serious note if your out there tiff and want a very good tank with only slight signs of light rust inside,no dents and nice shiny black paint its yours for the postage,this might make it too expensive anyway but the offer is there 

simcha

Do you want some correct parts for your bike, wheels, forks etc? I only live down the road from you and work in Guiesley!!! Let me know I have more wheels than I will ever need!!!