News:

Main Menu

My Baby

Started by achie, December 26, 2007, 02:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

achie

Took the V to work today to test the new shield. Got off at 10pm and it was 42 degrees. Shield did its job. Kept cold air away from my upper body. I didn't feel cold at all except for my hands - had I worn cold weather gloves it might have been even better. The cost of the shield was worth it for $83 and change. Installation was very simple and only took a few minutes. Just remove the headlight (clean all connections inside the headlight bucket while its open) and place the clamps between the headlight mount and headlight itself. There is no need to add mounts anywhere else. Adjust to preference and Viola! you're done.  Only side note is that it does create a lot more wind noise in the helmet than without. I will adjust and play with it to see if changes to wind noises are possible.

achie

Tiger

:) Nice picture's, although they must be a few month's old... 'cause I don't see ANY SNOW... ???  :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

:) I see you have no battery cover on your "V"...Left off or M.I.A.... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

achie

Quote from: Tiger on December 30, 2007, 03:21:36 PM
:) Nice picture's, although they must be a few month's old... 'cause I don't see ANY SNOW... ???  :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

:) I see you have no battery cover on your "V"...Left off or M.I.A.... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

No snow here. Its about 60 degrees :P . Took pictures at about 10am. Had to take her out with the guardian bell my wife just got for it. As for the battery cover - I'm still lurking at E-bay and such for one. The upper cover I've gotten thanks to smokinjoe.

Night Vision

battery cover....
adjust your shift lever....
a correct gas cap....

that's all I see left to do from here  ;)

and watch those pebbly roads!
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

achie

Quote from: Night Vision on December 30, 2007, 04:04:24 PM
battery cover....
adjust your shift lever....
a correct gas cap....

that's all I see left to do from here  ;)

and watch those pebbly roads!

I've been looking for a correct gas cap...don't know where this one even came from. Shift lever is on my list and those pebbly roads I do watch out for...I dont go past 20mph...they will be paved in a week or so. I think I'll keep her paint rattle can black-more mysterious that way :) . Exhaust leak also needs to be fixed still.

inanecathode

I've got a brand new (looks brand spanky new to me, came with one of my tanks) gas cap, with a key.
You wanty?
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

achie

ooohhhh...oooh...ohhh  :o. Yes please o great one ;D. Let me know who what when where  :D

inanecathode

If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

Rick G

Tiger, I hate to burst your bubble, but it dosn't snow in Orange county CA.  I once saw a few flakes in Clairmont CA.  but it is very close to the San Gabriel mountains
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Tiger

Quote from: Rick G on December 30, 2007, 11:34:00 PM
Tiger, I hate to burst your bubble, but it dosn't snow in Orange county CA.  I once saw a few flakes in Clairmont CA.  but it is very close to the San Gabriel mountains
:o Do you mean to say that...that... when it snow's on my parade it doesn't snow on everyone's :o aaw, bugger... ;D :D :D :D :D... ;) Hey, for the cost of mailing, I can send out load's of the white stuff to everyone 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

h2olawyer

Tiger -

You can always send those snow shovel scammers to my place!   ;D

Steamboat Ski Area had snow on 26 of 31 days in December.  Over 115 inches for the month.  Third snowiest in the last 30 years.

Ft. Collins has about 10 inches on the ground right now & we're getting some pretty serious wind as well.  My trail out to the bird feeder is smoothed over & the lighys out on my Blue Spruce are bouncing around pretty good as well.  Could be worse - most of the mountain roads in the Northern half of Colorado were closed last night.  Eastbound I-70 just reopened a little while ago.  Combination of wind, snow & high avalanche danger kept things at a standstill for over 24 hours.  The weather was too nasty to get the avalanche control done even with artillery.  Winds were just too high.

Achie - That's a good looking V.  The small screen is unique & seems to fit well.  Fairings & flyscreens tend to increase wind rumble with helmets.  You can probably decrease it somewhat but it's unlikely you will ever get rid of it entirely.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

70 going west from Denver wasnt too bad yesterday.  I took 40 up to Winter Park though and the snow started flying.  I stayed in the snowy left lane the whole way up to Berthoud.  The new Hankook snow tires dig in really well.  4WDs with their all season tires really showed their lack of snow prowess up there. 
H20 I get 6 days at Steamboat this yr.  Lemme know when u get the itch to head up.

k
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

achie

It did snow here once...Nov 21, 2004 for about 2 days.  We had 3-4 inches. Freak storm coz even parts of down town L.A. had ice here and there. All the snow and ice were gone by the second day. Aside from that day it's supposedly been almost 70 years since it has snowed here :)

Took her to work again today...she seems to run better and better everyday as long as she's been on the charger. I took the YICS box off and plugged the hoses and she idles at 1100 rpm now...when she's idling I worry that its so low that she might cut off but no problems today or yesterday. I'm loving having the windshield on. I dont get chatter teeth in my helmet no more :P .  Need to get thinsulate gloves and fix things mentioned above.

Thanks for all the info guys!

Rick G

Its certainly cold enough at night , here , to snow but so far not a flake. (at least not of snow) :D :D
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

achie

Quote from: Rick G on January 01, 2008, 01:00:37 AM
Its certainly cold enough at night , here , to snow but so far not a flake. (at least not of snow) :D :D

Only flakes we get here are people from work  >:( . O well Happy new Year anyway :)

Tiger

Quote from: achie on January 01, 2008, 12:08:47 AM
Took her to work again today...she seems to run better and better everyday

:) The true "FIX" for ALL Vision's is.......To run them 8) Run them hard and run them regular. You will find after a few week's she will run/feel/sound like a different, happy girl... 8)

On the right side of the carb's you will find the idle stop...at operating temp', bring her up to approx' 1300rpm... ;)

??? Thinsulate glove's...at those temp's you have... I could ride naked :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Rick G

There you go again , John, causing my imagination to run a muck LOL :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Rick G

achie

Quote from: Tiger on January 01, 2008, 11:41:35 AM
Quote from: achie on January 01, 2008, 12:08:47 AM
Took her to work again today...she seems to run better and better everyday

:) The true "FIX" for ALL Vision's is.......To run them 8) Run them hard and run them regular. You will find after a few week's she will run/feel/sound like a different, happy girl... 8)

On the right side of the carb's you will find the idle stop...at operating temp', bring her up to approx' 1300rpm... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Thanks for the tip Tiger. did the adjustment today and I must say everyday she seems to run better and better.

Tiger

Quote from: Rick G on January 01, 2008, 11:24:13 PM
There you go again , John, causing my imagination to run a muck LOL :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:o ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D