News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Hard starting vs Easy starting

Started by Lucky, December 31, 2007, 08:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Lucky should have a nice warm day on tuesday to work on CV since it will be in the stinkin 70's here.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

i'm sick as a dog, plus i have to work, doubt i'll be doing anything else...

why do they say "sick as a dog"? my dog never gets sick, plus when she does she's perfectly fine 30 seconds later....
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Walt_M.

The stinkin' 70s? It was 78 here in Orlando today and I loved it! Last Thursday it was 31 and today was much better. Yay global warming!
Whale oil beef hooked!

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Lucky on January 06, 2008, 07:28:50 PM
i'm sick as a dog, plus i have to work, doubt i'll be doing anything else...

why do they say "sick as a dog"? my dog never gets sick, plus when she does she's perfectly fine 30 seconds later....

I never understood "Cold as Crap" either.  In my experience, crap is usually pretty warm. :o

Hope you feel better friend.  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Rick G

Kind of an oxymoron , like cold as hell.  Maybe stated by someone who was more moron,than oxy. ;D ;D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

gph

Add to the spreadsheet, check float (fuel) level. I don't recall seeing that mentioned in carb rebuild posts.

h2olawyer

Quote from: gph on January 08, 2008, 11:00:13 AM
Add to the spreadsheet, check float (fuel) level. I don't recall seeing that mentioned in carb rebuild posts.

Maybe that's because it is covered well in the carb instructions in the Haynes manual???

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

acee125

Lucky

not yet, i've been working on the tail & tank.  i'll work on this when i actually have the bike up & running

tben

Bump: Normally my vision starts after 2 turn overs whether warm or cold but I tried to start it today without my front exhaust connected and it took lots of throttle play and about 20 turn overs. My vision also starts better with the Cdnlouie mod on my macs. This leads me to think that back pressure has a big influnce.
Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
-Joseph Addison

motorcyclezen

Lucky,

Know very little about the subtleties of the Vision. The best suggestion I saw on the board was to swap out components between the bikes. Electrical and fuel. It's the only way to really know. We used to troubleshoot and repair comm equipment that way when I was in the Marines.

Ed--

Lucky

i'm slowly getting closer to being able to try some swapping.  i'm working on body & fuel tank restoration, then it needs tires & investigation as to where the coolant is really going. after it's basicly good to go, i'll probably start with the coils.

wouldn't that suck after this whole thread, it wound up being the first thing i tried, lol!

bmeyer6472

Lucky-

You probably know this already, but my experience with hard starting was due to the plug caps.  I swapped everything I could think of and nothing worked. I finally bought two new plug caps and the problem was fixed. My Vision starts almost immediately now, even though the "fast idle" is very slow to come in. Depending on the temperature, between 2 and 4 twists of the throttle, full choke, and it's going. At first the idle is very slow, even at full choke, and it therefore sometimes dies and has to be restarted, but after running for about 10 seconds, the fast idle kicks in and it's off to the races.

But anyway, if you haven't tried it, new plug caps are cheap, and may be effective.

Bob

Lucky

they were replaced a couple of years ago & it was the same.  probably just the way mine is, they are all different, lol

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Lucky

actually i put Iradium plugs in at the same time...
if i listen to my Macs, it's a rear cyl issue, coil or idle curcit...