YellowJacket Helmet for...

Started by Tiger, February 17, 2008, 08:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) During the search for a new helmet, (looking for something with a "Tiger" decal type design!!!), I thought to myself..."Self, now who would like a helmet like this"... ??? ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

http://www.motostrano.com/sparxhornet.html

..or e-bay...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SPARX-S-07-S07-SPECIAL-EDITION-HELMET-HORNET_W0QQitemZ300199440223QQihZ020QQcategoryZ6749QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Tiger on February 17, 2008, 08:33:58 AM
:) During the search for a new helmet, (looking for something with a "Tiger" decal type design!!!), I thought to myself..."Self, now who would like a helmet like this"... ??? ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

http://www.motostrano.com/sparxhornet.html

..or e-bay...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SPARX-S-07-S07-SPECIAL-EDITION-HELMET-HORNET_W0QQitemZ300199440223QQihZ020QQcategoryZ6749QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

8).......TIGER....... 8)

OMG! OMG!  Its MINE!   I WANT ONE!! Besides how cool it looks, cool won't save me in a crash.  Any idea how GOOD they are??  Or am I just wasting my insurance deductable?

Thanks for the cool find tiger!

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on February 17, 2008, 09:07:30 AM
didja see the marushin helmets?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MARUSHIN-TIGER-FULL-FACE-HELMET_W0QQitemZ370024038148QQihZ024QQcategoryZ72278QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

kinda matches your tatoo.... black goes with both your V's

8) Now THAT I like... 8) Search is on. Thanks N_V.

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

joevacc

Yo T,

How about getting the Helmet you like best and having some graphics artist do some vinyl work on it.  I know a guy who's wife did his race car with all this Frankenstein stuff and it looks great!  You could get your tattoo or the beast on your bike done!!

Hope you are well brother,

jv
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Tiger

Quote from: joevacc on February 17, 2008, 10:04:37 PM
Yo T,

How about getting the Helmet you like best and having some graphics artist do some vinyl work on it.  I know a guy who's wife did his race car with all this Frankenstein stuff and it looks great!  You could get your tattoo or the beast on your bike done!!
Hope you are well brother,
jv

8) That is plan "B" Joe ;) We are all good here brother, how are you and yours ???

8).......TIGER....... 8)

joevacc

You Know I have had several Shoei helmets over the years and think that they are the best you can do for the money.  The Arai Helmets are top notch but I have never owned one.

I had bought a brand new Shoei RF 900 a couple of years ago and it was great.  I put on my mirror one day and went to BS with my mate when it fell right to the ground hit a rock and made a disturbing flat sounding thud.  Needless to say I lost confidence in the thing- it was freaking dead to me!  I went in search of the holy grail and did my home work.  Now, I have a bad habit of shopping without looking at price tags...  But I did learn a lot about helmets.

A list of the things I was looking at.

° Safety, Safety, Safety
° Comfort
° Noise Reduction
° Peripheral Vision
° Shield That Is Optically Correct
° Venting
° Aerodynamics

Here is a comparison I found:  http://www.mcnews.com/mcnews/articles/helmet.htm

I read a ton of these type of articles and also, all user coments I could find.  Very helpfull!  I don't think that the more money you spend the better off you'll be.  (Shoei is a good example of that)  It seems though, that the higher quality helmets do range in the $300.00 - $700.00 range add the graphics and you've got all of that.

Interstingly enough, nothing I read - said that the cheaper helmets that were DOT approved were any more or less safe. But, the data that was used to define these standards is very old.  There is a lot of modern data that has now come from motorcycle crash tests that the quality manufactures have.  Just because it says DOT or Snell on it does not mean you are going to get what you think.  I have been glad to also, on top of the DOT rating have the ECE rating on most of my protective gear including my helmet.  The ECE rating is the standard for over 50 countrys in the the world and I favor it.

For me after 25 years of road riding Quality and comfort were paramount.
After one crash that ended with only a broken collar bone you won't catch me dead without a full face helmet on.

P.S.  All is well here Tiger!  Hope to see you soon.

jv
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Rick G

I've owned a lot of helmets , the worst was a Nolan , lousy ventilation  and noisy as hell. Gorgeous paint job though.
The best is the one I have now , a M2R  (made to race)  the fit is great , its not noisy , the ventilation is excellent ( important here in AZ.) and some of the pads are removable , for washing. It's plain vanilla, all white.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on February 17, 2008, 09:07:30 AM
didja see the marushin helmets?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MARUSHIN-TIGER-FULL-FACE-HELMET_W0QQitemZ370024038148QQihZ024QQcategoryZ72278QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

kinda matches your tattoo.... black goes with both your V's

:) The only one to carry Marushin, on this side of the "pond", is an importer in Quebec, BUT...he has everything Marushin except the helmet line!!! I phoned them and they did inform me that they should have them in stock by April...maybe!! I can wait... ;)

Take a look...Arnie is back, in the first one!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3220mgiYDQ

http://www.cuirakoury.com/en/default.htm

Take a look at the range... http://www.hgbmotorcycles.co.uk/index.html?lang=en-uk&target=d172.html

http://www.marushin-helmets.co.uk/marushin_tiger.htm

8).......TIGER....... 8)

YellowJacket!

YJ Helmet arrived today!!  UPS tracking said it wasnt due intil next tuesday.  Must have teletransported it.

The quality is OUTSTANDING.  Graphics are excellent and the yellow is almost a perfect match for YJ's color.  It came with a set of ear plugs, a smoked visor, clear visor and extra visor vents.  Fit is a bit snug but better than "somewhat loose" for my current helmet.  Padding and inners are excellent.  Weather is crap for the next few days so I'll probably have Lucky take some pics of it on Sunday if we get to ride.  Now ith amy riding jacket, my bike colors and my new helmet withth e hornet on the side, I am truely "YellowJacket!"
Im also interested to see how the wind noise is with this one as it was way too much from my last two.  Most reviews I read said it was a fairly quiet helmet.

David

h2olawyer

Looking forward to seeing the completed ensemble!

Ear plugs really help with helmet noise.  I find i can ride many more miles without feeling the fatigue I used to get before I started wearing them.  I just go to the drugstore & get a package of Hearos every few weeks.  About $6 & they come with a storage tube as well.

H2O

(Edit only to fix the missing "c"s.  Had a keyboard blockage causing the "c" key to fail on occasion.)
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Tiger

h2olawyer

Now you can ride "buzzed" all the time!

Great looking lid.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

67GTO

Now you need to update your picture with the new helmet :)
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

Night Vision

you still need some Kenny Roberts decalzzzzzzzzzzzz  ;)

;D

Tiger

Night Vision

I like the tail piece decal.... not so much the tank....
;D

YellowJacket!

Stop Tiger.....yer gonna git me in trouble!

David