FLAT TRACK PICTURE

Started by supervision, February 19, 2008, 07:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supervision

Check out this picture

" border="0

Coil Coyle

Thanks.

I like the dropped front cylinder. the pipes...

pat sullivan

Supervision, - great picture.  Where did it come from?  Is it recent?  Is this what Memphis Shades/ DeMay will be using for the 2008 season?

Pat S.

supervision

I found it on advrider, the picture was taken last weekend  @ a dealer show @ some Indianaplius Power Expo.  What is cool, I'm thinking this is the best wev'e  seen of the carb. Seems like before, it had all that blue bodywork, you couldn't see crap. This shows the frame better too.  Pat, I was thinking they weren't going to race the bike past last season.  They musta just be hopeing for someone to jump up w  ith the cash to run thing again.  Sure is a waste of a perfectly fun looking race bike.  What a piece of history, almost was running with em!
  It would be cool if it could compete at the Indy Mile, the day before Moto GP
" border="0

YellowJacket!

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

pat sullivan

Thanks Supervision - Looks like they might run the Vision again in 2008.  Also the single carb thing looks interesting.  TDUB, if you're still around come back and tell whats going on.

Number 89 is Kevin Varnes' number.  He's been riding the Grand National Championship circuit for over ten years with so-so results.  He had a couple of seasons on the Memphis Shades Harley and spent some time on a Suzuki for Parts Unlimited.  At the end of last season JR Schnabel, who rode the Vision for Memphis Shades, said that what Babe Demay needed to further improve the Vision was an experienced development rider.  Maybe that could be Varnes.  The Vision will have to get better as both Aprilla and Suzuki are putting pressure on the Harley's

The first GNC Twins race in April 5 in Tucson, Arizona.

jasonm.

the one in the picture has 2 carbs. You can only see one of them at that angle.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Coil Coyle

pat sullivan

Coil, I don't think so.  That's the August 10th Castle Rock TT/Singles event.  Sam Halpert won riding the Memphis Shades Yamaha Single.

Pat S.

Blake

they use dual downdraft carbs  ;)  at least they did last time i was near the bike  ;D   being at a show i'd venture to bet they stripped a few goodies off the bike that they dont want competitors to know about.
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

PeteXS/GS/CB/XZ

Somebody got really creative.  I like the exhaust.  It must be a custom bend with Jardine  cans added.

motoracer8

20 years ago some friends of mine built a dirt track Vision. I made the parts for the chain drive conversion, and the intake manifolds, 40mm flat slide carbs were used. It was increased to 650cc, It had a custom built frame. It was raced localy in California, and Nevada for two seasons, it was reliable and quite fast. Unfortunately I don't have any close up pictures.
  Ken G
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

supervision

I hear ya Ken, that engine is just beggin to be dirt tracked
" border="0

Cdnlouie

Very cool pic  ;D, that looks like fun to ride!

Coil Coyle

This picture should be pinned to the top of the column.

;)
Coil