News:

Main Menu

Reshaping the Vision tank

Started by chimera, February 23, 2008, 07:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elemonator

It is on old US 33 by the NS rail yard. Past Elk Ct. On the North side of the road. I'd say @ 1- 2 miles from 19 the addy is: 29877 Hwy 33 Elkhart, IN Not sure who to ask for anymore I used to work at a RV company in Elkhart who dealt w/them.

ps2/bikevision

i know the area your talkin about. its about 5min from my house. ill have to tak a ride over there one ove these days and check it out.

elemonator

Cool...With the recent slump in the RV industry it might be a good time too, they might be wanting/needing the business.

ps2/bikevision

how would one go about making a tank? i need to make a tank for my yz490. its got cracks all over and i cant get them sealed. its $200 for a new one.

chimera

Unfortunately the cost in time a materials to build a new one will definitely be a lot more than $200. If you really want to, the link I posted earlier shows most of the work involved.

Here's the finished product.
Every tool is a hammer, except screwdrivers, those are chisels.
                         <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v210/meatpopsicle/Bike/ ">-The other bike build-</A>

QBS

Again, a Vnary among Vnarys.  Beautiful, will done!

chimera

I just sold the bike. I still have the tank mold. I'm most likely moving to Seattle soon, and I don't want to take the mold with me. Anybody want to put up the shipping cost?
                         <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v210/meatpopsicle/Bike/ ">-The other bike build-</A>

chimera

Just remembered, all the spare bike parts will go with the mold. Original stator, side plastics, headlight housing, tail light, rad shroud, turn signals, and a bunch more crap. Probably the newly reupholstered seat too.

Rick G

I'm sure I'm way too far away , but where are you?
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

chimera

I'm in Salt Lake City, Utah. I'm far away from everything. Including civilization.

Rick G

I'm wondering if the Colorado guys could get the moulds?  Maybe we can take up a collection to cover  the shipping costs , or they might sell off some of the parts to cover the shipping costs. I really hate to see the moulds get away from us , I think they will prove useful as time goes on. I'd like to get use of them for a while!  laying up a tank won't be cheap , but considering  the problem encountered in sealing them, it seems like a good idea. If we can get a collection to get them shipped and maybe we can get H20 to host them??
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

Give me a little time to get things straightened out at home & I could probably host the stuff for a while at least.  I need to get into the garage and do a major Mr. Clean operation.  Am also going to paint the floor - so for a while, anyway, I would like to keep the volume of stuff down as much as possible.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.