News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

First ride 03-05-08 let the commute begin

Started by zore, March 05, 2008, 07:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

BTW Dave, I have a stress test at 10:30 (Oh Yay!  :( ) so i'll call you when i get back.  probably around 12:30-1ish.

--L
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Tiger

Quote from: Lucky on March 10, 2008, 06:30:03 PM
I have a stress test at 10:30

:o Bugger...must be contagious...I had mine a couple of weeks ago!!!

8)........TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

Hey, I can come in and we can run together.  Mine was supposed to be last friday until the housekeeper tried to kill me!  That was stressful enough.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Rick G

If the sun dried possum is fresh  its called road pizza, however if its been there a few days and has been compressed by car tyres , it is then ;D ;D ;D ;D :P :P road jerky ::)
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

YellowJacket!

Took YJ out for the day today and guess what....no leaky carb.  Something must have unstuck but she ran damn near perfect!!  YJ is fast becoming my daily commuter and now with gas north of $3.15/gal, I can flip a bird every time I pass a gas station.

Interesting side note:  I did a pretty big computer job today which took several hours.  As I charge by the hour, this particular customer has asked me in the past if he could pay me a monthly retainer.  Some months its profit becasue I dont have to do any work and others I may be busy.  I've balked at it a lot becasue of the expectations of being on call at a moments notice.  Since I set my schedule now, that could make things difficult.
However, today he told me he had just bought his wife a Vespa and was going to sell her Indian made 125cc scooter.  Its not even a year old and gets roughly 100mpg.  He wants $2000.00 for it so I told him that could earn him a few months retainer. LOL  ;D  It has something like 200 miles on it.  We're gonna both think it over but one things for sure, if I get it, one of three things is gonna be leaving my household.  YJ, scooter or me cuz Mrs. YJ aint too happy about how much YJ's resto cost.  :o

David

Night Vision

Genuine Indian? or a scoot made in India by Indians... I thought Indian Motorcyles went belly back up a couple of years ago... I'd also find out it's real worth ($2000?)

either way... say.. "but I got it for you honey" ..... and all will be well again.

practice that a couple of times if you need to  ;)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

YellowJacket!

Its a Vespa Knockoff made in India by indians.  Appears to be very good build quality.

She'd never ride it or on it either...

David

Rick G

Actually the Indian  factory , purchased the rights and  tooling for the older two stroke Vespas , There  actually  just as good . Theres a plant making Jawas too , its called a Yadzee,  or something like that.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

zore

If it's anything like the Indian made royal enfield, I might stay clear but I'm certainly no expert on scooters.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900