Custom one off parts..(triple tree done)

Started by Blake, April 13, 2005, 07:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake

Friend sent me these pictures today.

Tomorow hes going to buff the Triple Tree and make the handlebar risers!..

Enjoy  ;D   I know i am

Cant Wait to get it and try it out! :)

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Superfly

A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Blake

Hey Lucky,

As for the relief circles, they were in the drawing, and didnt have a depth dimension so i didnt know what they were for, but just incase they served a purpose i had him mill them out 1/8" just to mark where theyre supposed to be.

Anyway,  Earlier this week I received pictures of the finished product.  He was going to buff it, but it would have taken some time, so instead he bead blasted it all to soften the edges some, and when i receive it i'll go ahead and buy some real polishing compound, (red, white, jewlers rouge) and polish it properly on my bench grinder.

Picture for your enjoyment.

A little blocky, yes, but remember he did this all by eye/hand, no computer assistance.  Next fall when he gets into the CNC milling stuff he said he could try some more radiused designs.

He wants to dorp it off personally (so he can see how it looks) so it might be a few weeks before i get it on my bike.  (Hes in NY and Im in VA), but once i do get it ill post pictures.  Now i just have to go searching harley catalogs for 1" handlebars.  How about a set of ape hangers?  ;D  haha.

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Blake