who fancies 1 of these?

Started by arfa vmax, March 21, 2008, 02:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

i really like analog on a bike I guess. 
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

QBS

Looks like they might work.  '83s' would loose the fuel guage.  Units appear to have turn signals in upper corners, but no mention of such is made in the product descriptions.  Work around would be mounting small T/S lights seperately.  That way the neat T/S self canciling feature woud be retained.

Would probably cost approx. $200.00 delivered.  Not bad considering what over the counter OEM equivalents would run.  Might be a viable deal for a late model sport bike with crash damage or a custom built bike like a special V.  If I was building a custom V from various bits and pieces, this would be very attractive.

inanecathode

Digital gauges are harder to look at. Thats why manufacturers quit putting digital gauges in their cars in the early nineties, sweeping analog gauges are better for a quick glance at your speed. With digital its constantly jumping around, and isnt as soothing as a slowly moving needle.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

arfa vmax

good point inane,i am going for a retro look on my bike.because i have a honda front end with a 19" wheel i am watching a speedo from a 400/4 on ebay.nice and plain with a chrome surround.i thought the vapor was novel because it had speed,rpm and water temp.