News:

Main Menu

My NEW front brakes

Started by jasonm., April 19, 2008, 03:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonm.

If I could figure out how to post pictures here. You would be looking at R1 rotors, SV650 calipers on my '83.  I sent pics to Nightvision. Maybe he can post pics. Damn, can someone tell me how to post pictures ???  I was trying copy/paste. I can't find an ICON on here to load my pics. No, I am not doing "photo bucket". I just don't get it...I am hopeless...
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

YellowJacket!

Hi Jason,
The easiest way to post pics is to sign up for a free photo account with something like photobucket  www.photobucket.com .  Upload your pictures to your account there and once done, insert them into your post here on ROV by choosing the last item on the plist below your photobucket picture "insert html" and paste it into your post and the pictures are posted.  They are actually linked to your photobucket account and not stored on the ROV site which saves space and bandwith for Ron.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

QBS

Pics! Pics!  We must have Pics!

YellowJacket!

jason, email the pics to my email address in my profile.  I'll post them for you.

David

Rick G

Don't feel bad Jason , I tried to put pictures on photo bucket  and either  my old, wind up computer is not up to the job , or I'm a moron , when it comes to much more than attaching  to an email.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Night Vision

here's Jason's pics... hmmmm.... tasty

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

joevacc

Hey Jason What does it feel like to have brakes on a Vision???????

nice looking job man
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

YellowJacket!

Suuuuuuuwhhhhheeeeeeeeetttt!!!!

joevacc

it's like looking at a fire!  How did you come up with that caliper stay???
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

inanecathode

Stop me if i'm being obtuse but has anyone ever definitively answered why stock dual brakes aren't good enough?
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

kwells

I like ur setup...any chance you kept the bracket tracing or made an extra set.  Others may want to emulate what you have there.

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

YellowJacket!

His next project is to fab a disc setup for the rear end....now THAT would be epic.

As far as braking goes, I'm relatively happy with the dual front setup on my 82.  But, I have not ridden anything else.  I'm sure if I ride one of my buddies R1's or a Ninja, I'd think differently.  As for now, along with a decent downshift an a controlled squeeze, they work well.  Had a few situations where I really got to try them in a controlled panic stop and they served me well.

Still though the cool factor of "modern brakes" on the V is way up there.

David

Rick G

Jason , how did you mount the R1 discs on the vision wheel ?  did you make that center piece , is it an adaptor?  I have a set of discs from a'83  Honda night hawk  , but they don't even come close. 
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Walt_M.

A most excellent job, now I have disk envy! Hope they don't bend your forks.
Whale oil beef hooked!

tachrev

NTRracing
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1989 Mustang Coupe 393W/C4
1997 Chevy C1500 tree-fiddy (daily)

Lester56

OMG, that is just beautiful.
1982 Vision - heavily modified
1984 Honda VF700S Sabre
2002 Honda Interceptor
2006 Triumph Sprint ST ABS

Blake

Quote from: Rick G on April 21, 2008, 10:54:30 PM
Jason , how did you mount the R1 discs on the vision wheel ?  did you make that center piece , is it an adaptor?  I have a set of discs from a'83  Honda night hawk  , but they don't even come close. 

IIRC  R1 discs from early 2000's (i forget the specific years) are an exact boltup with the vision wheels.
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

williamruck

tben

that looks stunning. two thumbs up for adding form and function to your bike in one mod.
Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
-Joseph Addison

ps2/bikevision

ME NEXT! ME NEXT!  i want some.