News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Goodbye YICS!!

Started by Jon, July 02, 2004, 08:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walt_M.

As I suggested in my 'Why YICS' posting a while ago, if you are having trouble with your YICS and have been able to readjust ours carbs to run without it, just cap the fittings and go without it.
Whale oil beef hooked!

admin

yes I remember the boost bottle thing.
yics is a bit more than that though, on the 4 cylinders it was
an interconnecting passageway between all 4 cylinders and on the ford taurus v8 it connected to all 8 cylinders. My opinion is that there is\was more benefit to the multi-cylinder engines than the one or 2 cylinder ones because it is only a small change in mixture flow.  Still, the carbs and ports may have been tuned for the use of the device on our bike.    Later on Yamaha used the different and ultimately superior exup system to get low end drivability and high end power without sacrificing either end.
Toyota has a very similar system on the mr2 with the vavling on the intake instead of the exhaust but the net result is the same.

a progressive set of carbs or a two stage exhaust port similar to the exup system would clean up the annoying glitches in the vision I would bet.

if someone could find a way to adapt this kind of system to the vision, that would be quite cool

ymmv

-Ron

oh, one other thing, if your bike is not idleing back down, defintely check that the throttle butterflies are seating all the way and not sticking or binding, that is a fairly common symptom of worn shafts\misadjusted throttle plates.
I believe Lucky has it addressed in the carb faqs.