Wife is gonna ride on YellowJacket!

Started by YellowJacket!, April 29, 2008, 02:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

After over three years of begging and gentle persuasion, Vicki finally agreed to a ride on YJ!.  BUt, its for a cause.  Its a benefit ride for a local young burn victim and she said she was willing to ride with me for it.  I told her that if that was the case, I woul match whatever she donated if she would ride.

Progress....?

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

dj

Sounds like it could be the start of something good for you two.  Hopefully she really enjoys herself and wants to ride again.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

don_vanecek

I need to see if I can get mine to ride again this summer. In our younger years (mid to late 80's) she was actually a very good passenger. We will see!

Coil Coyle

Dave,

Did the local Harley guys organize this ride? They do those kind of things often. A nice ride for the wife's first.
I missed the "Oregon Vintage Motorcycle" monthly meeting in December to do a toy ride on the "Flying Pig" Only got a few derogatory looks, several nice conversations.  8) This month I'm missing the OVM meeting to see the CROV and attend a "FealGood Foundation event in Sebastopol, Ca. that one of my mechanic's son is putting on.

The first rides Lori and I took were 15 miles to Clam Chowder at the coast and back about three times. Then the RK became the "Rod Knocker" and my baby turned 19 and left home. I swapped the Dodge Minivan for a Venture on Craigslist and got the "Flying Pig" The first ride on that Lori and I rode to the CROV in Kingman, Az. and then the Grand Canyon. She is staying home to garden this trip, since I'm riding a Vision.

Remember to take foam earplugs for a group ride with Harleys, they seem to have immunity from most LEO's in regards to tickets for pipes.

I was started and idling when a 100+ inch, high compression, 2"drag pipe bike started next to me; I grabbed my helmet off and put the plugs in quickly.

They sell nice T-shirts too, if you don't mind the advertising, the cotton is thick; you could always put the international red circle/bar over the HD logo I guess.  ;D

I'm riding down to California and I feel fine.....
$0.02
;)
Coil

YellowJacket!

Some bad news that may impact her desire to ride.
Last weekend we had the "Ride for Autism" sponsored by a local father of an autistic child.  The froup left a local bike shop called "Biker Rags" and headed down Lovell rd to I-40 and passed a huge truck stop.  There were about 150 riders and apparently one of the truckers that had to wait for them to pass and then merge onto the interstate got a little pissed and "bumped" a couple riders in the back of the group and knocked them off their bike.  The were hurt (fortunately not very seriously) and the trucker was arrested.  Now, first, what kind of dumb@$$ would intentionally ram a bike riding in a group?!!?!  Don't answer that...I already know.  But a group of 150 riders???  Did he not think he would get himself killed let alone probably kill someone else?  He should of, but as good bikers go, they did not kill him and he was arrested.
Non the less, it made the news ad now she is nervous about riding.  Now I want to beat the **** out of that trucker.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Brian Moffet

Quote from: YellowJacket! on April 29, 2008, 06:20:59 PM
Now, first, what kind of dumb@$$ would intentionally ram a bike riding in a group?!!?! 

Stupid people don't think.  A strong tenet in my will to live.  I try to keep myself in a position where stupid people are not required to think.

Personally, the trucker needs to be brought up on vehicular assault and battery charges, with intent to kill.  Toss in some road-rage laws as well.

Brian

Rick G

Personally, I don't like to ride in large groups . The river run was 75,000 this year  and there were at least 5000 in Oatman.  A dozen or twenty is a large enough group , for me.
Good luck, with persuading your wife to ride! :)
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Coil Coyle

As a once in a lifetime event; it was a fun thing to ride through Medford in a line of 650 motorcycles while the cops blocked the cross streets.
:)
The people who got "caught" at the cross streets all smiled and waved as they waited. It was probably all of the toys and Christmas decorations. For trips, small groups work just right.

;)
Coil