New Peg Mounts for YellowJacket

Started by YellowJacket!, April 29, 2008, 04:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Well, I needed a study break today and decided to put the newly painted peg mounts on YJ.

They were badly oxidized when I got them a couple years ago and a few goings over with the wire brush on my drill fixed that along with some aluminum cleaner.  Sprayed them over with pirmer nd then followed that with some gloss black Appliance Epoxy Enamel...the same stuff that I used on my forks.

The next project will be the swing arm which I'll do this winter along with changing out my 82 pogo stick for the 83 monoshock I got from NV.

Heres some pics:

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

YellowJacket!

vadasz1

Dave, you need to put yellow stripes in them to make them really stand out.  Whatcha think bud?
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: vadasz1 on April 30, 2008, 09:16:09 AM
Dave, you need to put yellow stripes in them to make them really stand out.  Whatcha think bud?

Lucky cam eover today and said the same thing.  I'm gonna give it some thought.  I actually have some yellow electrical tape that I can cut into thin strips and stick in there to see how it looks.  May do that.

David

h2olawyer

It would kind of 'bee' like the striping around a yellow jacket's abdomen.  I think it would look great!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

ps2/bikevision

stop posting pics of that overly clean bike. i still need to clean the dirt off mine. then again i thought my v was nice till i met up with mutt. jerks bike made mine look like a pos. mine did spend its life uncovered before i got it. now she sleeps in the garage every night.

im gonna have to copy the black too ;D ;D see what you started lucky.

YellowJacket!

Mine sat outside for 12 years uncovered.  ;D  :o

David

Brian Moffet

Before I go to the CROV, I need to find a sprinkler to ride through...

Brian