News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Lucky and Yellowjacket

Started by zore, May 05, 2008, 09:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zore

I'll be in your neck of the woods this thursday-saturday.  If you want to ride let me know and I'll make myself available any day.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

YellowJacket!

Awww man! 
Im off work all day Thursday but work 6a to 7p friday and 6 to 3 sat.  I'll PM you my phone numbers.

Have a safe trip down here.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

zore

Then lets shoot for thrusday.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Lucky

Well Thursday came & Dave got rained out, I took Friday off & met Zore at Foothills Parkway. From there we rode down to Deals Gap & met up with a few of Joes friends on their sportbikes. they came in from Canada, Tx & ..Iowa, i think. after a bit we headed out past Tapaco Dam & stopped at Wheelers.  it was immediatly obvious that i was outclassed by these guys, i had a fleeting view if their tail lights most of the day :D :D

In case you were wondering, the ROV T-shirt is still hanging in the Crossroads of Time at Deals gap

We left Wheelers & rode over Cherohala. there was very little traffic bike or car, the weather was clear & the view was great.  Near the top of Cherohala we stopped for a quick break (Ok, to let me catch up, lol) & then headed down the other side to Telico for lunch at a little hamburger stand that Joe makes it a point to stop at at least once a trip, it's his tradition.

From there we hopped on Lamar Alexander, to 411 Then back on 129 & down the Dragon. It was around 5 o'clock so i said my goodbyes & headed back up the Dragon.
I ran about 250 miles all told yesterday.

BTW, since last year there has been Heavy LE presence at Deals Gap (318 cops in 11 miles) so if you go, watch for the helmet tapping & slow down. Next time we'll have to make sure Dave can make it too!

two more shots from the overlook. i had more pics here & there, but my camera had a small freak-out...

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rick G

I would love to ride the Dragon, I'd like to compare it, with the 10 miles of 66 going into Oatman.
The pavement on the Dragon  has to be better, but the Mohave County Sheriff, is almost never there and that has to be worth something! ;D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

I like it around here.  I can go 250 miles with the longest straight away at under 1/2 mile, lots of curves and most of it is a loop so very little backtracking.   ;D  The views of Long's Peak & Mt. Evans (both over 14,000ft.) is a bonus.

The Dragon is a legendary road & it would be fun to ride it someday, but if I never do, I'll still be more than pleased with my "local" roads.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

I'll bet you can find good riding most anyplace, except possably Florida (flat & straight), lol
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rick G

MN. was ok , but WI. is right next door and it has lots of rolling hills and winding roads.
OR. was superb, but for only 4 months of the year. In the "off season" all the really good roads were covered in snow , very frustrating!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :P :P :P :P :P :P
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

kwells

Nice u got some good riding in.

Nice tona zore
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

YellowJacket!

Lucky and Zore,

I hate that I missed it.  There was no way I could get out of work.  I'm still having problems getting off this thursday for my sons HS graduation!

Besides the Dragon here, we also have the "Devils Triangle".  Its actually supposed to be more difficult than the dragon with lots of switchbacks.  Its a lot longer too.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

zore

Some of the guys did devils triangle while lucky and I were out.  Yesterday we did 28 all the way into franklin and wayha road.  (Not sure i spelled that right.)  also a good loop.  All told, I put 900 miles in change on 2 bikes.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900