Mac lead time?

Started by acee125, May 15, 2008, 07:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acee125

I ordered a set of Mac's a week ago tomorrow. I've called the past two days to see when they will ship and I keep getting told that they have to check with the production manager and call me back. So far I haven't recieved a call back. In their confirmation email they say that they might not have your product in stock but I'm still wondering: Approximately how long have you guys had to wait to recieve your Mac's?

Rick G

Long ago, someone tried to get a set of Macs and was told they were out of production, but that they would add them to a run of pipes for a different bike. I seem to remember ,it was a while before he got them. Are the coming from Canada or the States.?
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

acee125

Should be the states. I'm in MN and Mac is out of SoCal if I remember correctly...?

Dibble

It took 10 days for my set of Macs to make it to Ontario. Got them last week. I even went with the cheapest (slowest) shipping method possible.

acee125

Quote from: DIBBLE on May 21, 2008, 01:44:03 PM
It took 10 days for my set of Macs to make it to Ontario. Got them last week. I even went with the cheapest (slowest) shipping method possible.

You must have got one of the last sets. I ordered mine on the 9th. I called them for the 3rd time yesterday and finally got something out of them. They are currently out of stock and they haven't started production yet. I was told it would be about another 3 weeks before they ship.

jasonm.

Check the MACs when you get them. I got a set that were made improperly. The test is the front head pipe. The 2 pipes (Y)welded together  must be flat even across the areas that meet the head. Use a straight edge like a carpeters 3' level or a mirror to check this. Mine must have been welded by a blind man. They were angled out. So mine are useless. They sit showing lousey American workmanship. This is assuming they are made here...?
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

kiawrench

jason-- run your pipes down to a local machine shop-- the pipes can be tweaked back to correct angle with little effort, and pipes are then good.

chances are,, those pipes were built from a set of numbers on a chart, and with no mock up on site to verify them, you get the build set,as they have no way to check the fit in a factory shop.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

jasonm.

teweaking won't work now. I tried flat "grinding" on my saning disc. Then realized the area the flange pushes against(outer donut) was off....thus it was welded ALL wrong. And tweaking would off center the pipes enough that they would not fit the head. Maybe if they were troched and tweaked. But it's too late for that now. I could possibly spend the money for a welder to do the needed repairs. But I have more important things to do now. I will save the pipes because the mufflers can be grafted to rotted out stock pipes in the future. Wouldn't that be a sight.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules