News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

"The Communist Gremlin"

Started by Tiger, May 18, 2008, 05:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

Yesterday, I took the '83 out for her full shake down ride on the OnROV ride...221 mile's or 354 Km's to be exact!!!

For a bike that has stood idle for over 10 year's she performed pretty well, I have to say... 8)

She has what I call "The Communist Gremlin"... Once you get her to the required (posted) road speed...'ish!! she will serge :D :D :D or hunt a wee bit.

However, she did blow a three inch long by 1/2" wide "hole" in the right side front exhaust pipe, an inch or so back from the collector box!!! I'll change that out first... ::)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

So I guess you'll be preparing a "Communist Manifesto" of things to do to get her up to speed. ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Walt_M.

Whale oil beef hooked!

h2olawyer

Gremlin's name must be Karl . . .

Visions of the world unite!   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Walt_M. on May 18, 2008, 07:17:24 PM
Good one David!

Ditto for H20

Its official...Tigers new bike is named Karl.  LOL   KM550RJ

;D

h2olawyer

The next gremlin should me named Friedrich Engels.   ;D

I like the KM550RJ designation.   :D  (But, as an 83, it should be KM550RK.)

My Poli-Sci degree was with an emphasis in comparitive communism.  Primarily among the Eastern European countries.  After the fall of the Soviet Union, that degree kind of became an Edsel!  At least it works well for trivia & historical references.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: h2olawyer on May 19, 2008, 03:26:25 PM
The next gremlin should me named Friedrich Engels.   ;D

I like the KM550RJ designation.   :D  (But, as an 83, it should be KM550RK.)

My Poli-Sci degree was with an emphasis in comparitive communism.  Primarily among the Eastern European countries.  After the fall of the Soviet Union, that degree kind of became an Edsel!  At least it works well for trivia & historical references.

H2O

Yup, yer right.  Missed the 83 in the first sentence.  Fingers posting faster than brain thinking.

David

Tiger

::) Your both well off target with those Commy re-Marx!!!  ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

h2olawyer

Well, you (red) star-ted it!   ;D

H2O