2 weeks with out the Vision

Started by zore, May 19, 2008, 09:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zore

The end of April began by getting the monster and 675 ready for my yearly deals gap trip.  This meant new plugs, oil changes and air filter cleaning /replacement.  I also had a wedding to go to in Arkansas which ate up a week.  What this really meant was, no vision riding. 

No biggy, I have a 2006 triumph and my monster to roll around deals gap with.  Fun Fun Fun.  Except for riding with Lucky, i'd hardly given my R5.5 any thought at all. 

I got home and decided to ride the vision after having a little incident on the 675 that Monday (another story).  I honestly did not remember the bike running this well.  It's been about 43-47 in the morning and the bike just runs fantastic at those temps which leads me to believe it's running a touch rich given how it's mood changes when the temps start to rise.  With that said, I forgot how much I liked riding that thing.

After being hunched over sport bike style for the last 2 weeks or so, it was a refreshing change.  The steering is so light and the seating position just perfect for an early commute.  Flick on the heated grips and I'm off.  I wish more bikes had characteristics like the vision.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900