Thank you!! & Vision pics!!

Started by acee125, May 22, 2008, 05:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acee125

I just wanted to say thank you to every on ROV that has helped me get my bike going over the past few months. Without you guys I probably would have been wrenchin' instead of ridin' today! Here are some pics of my bike. Also, I just put brand new Avon Road Riders on so if any of you were wondering what they looked like on the bike, here you go! Thanks again...acee125

Tiger

8) Congratulations, you should be proud of what you have achieved. That is a nice looking Vision you have there... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

h2olawyer

That's a purdy one!  The red ones have always been my favorite of the 82s.

In case you don't know, you have a bracket for the Shark fairing on the front of the bike (where the turn signals mount).  There is a plastic trim piee that goes there & the turn signals mount to the ears on the headlight frame (just behind where the headlight bucket mounts).

Glad you are finally twisting a throttle instead of wrenches!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

acee125

Quote from: h2olawyer on May 22, 2008, 06:12:21 PM
In case you don't know, you have a bracket for the Shark fairing on the front of the bike
H2O

Yeah, I have the matching shark fairing for it. For now I like the "naked" look.

Thanks for the nice comments on the bike.

I tell ya, the bike was a gift from God. I remember thinking on a ride shortly after I got her running: "I think God had me in mind when he had the Yamaha engineers design this bike" It's that much fun to ride.

YellowJacket!

Nice!!!

Bounty the license plate picker upper....or was that a "northern paper towel"?

Your headlight has the shark fairing rubber gasket around it.

;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

inanecathode

Nice ride man, i love red :D
Two things:
Someone has stolen your license plate and replaced it with a paper towel, i'd get that sorted were i you.
Are those vacuum lines fuel and heat safe? They look like vinyl (very cool looking btw) they might harden and crack.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Brian Moffet

There are clear fuel lines that are available that are different colors, including that color of blue.  I have a much thinner version that goes between my fuel pump throttle rolling thingy....

Brian (my brain don't work, I've been thinking too much about multi-proc simulations...)

Night Vision

Quote from: YellowJacket! on May 22, 2008, 07:44:05 PM

Your headlight has the shark fairing rubber gasket around it.

if you like it naked, take the shark gasket off and save it.... they are hard to find. If you take it out, you'll need to adjust the headlight out to close the gap...

looks alot like my brother's ... very nice looking V!

oh! and you need a cotter pin on the brake brace bolt (if that's oem)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Rick G

I have the same brand of fuel line , best stuff there is  and I can't get it around here. Mine is 6 years old and is still soft and flexable.
I've always thought that red Visions were hard to find in good condition , as the red fades, but we have seen a few lately. The "cover" on the  radiator  shield's has been cut away , as I did on mine . Just don't open it when its hot. :o :o :o :o
The Twin cities  has a lot of Visions, they sold fairly well there. When I lived there, I knew of  9 Visionaries.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

kwells

Oh yeah

That shark would look good on there. 
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Perus

Oh, she really looks to be in perfect shape - nice work :)

/Per

supervision

" border="0