"Night Terror" - Before PICS

Started by Dibble, June 13, 2008, 07:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dibble

Here are some PICS of "Night Terror". These were taken the day I brought it home. She isn't ready for "After" PICS yet, my seat is getting recovered and the seat I am using now is UGLY.

vadasz1

That's an interesting looking fairing.  Looks like your missing the windscreen.  What make is the fairing?
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

:)...and YES the fairing is off and spoken for boy's  ::) ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

I can tell you that Dibble has done a tremendous job of getting his Vision up-and-running...and acquiring a "donor" (maybe) Vision. He is now looking for another "V" for his Dad 8)...A nice "Fathers Day" present, me thinks... ;)

Seems like I have serious competition here in Ontario :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Dibble

Quote from: vadasz1 on June 13, 2008, 08:18:09 AM
That's an interesting looking fairing.  Looks like your missing the windscreen.  What make is the fairing?

Yes, the windscreen is missing. It is a "PICHLER" fairing. I have only seen a couple pictures of European bikes with this fairing. It is pretty rough shape, but I do have most of the puzzle pieces (I think it is going to be Tiger's winter project)

Brian Moffet

Wow, that engine rivals what mine used to look like, "patina-wise".  ;D

Rick G

Spiffy fairing!  If your going to remove the clear coat on the cases, consider using paint stripper and a disposable brush. It takes two or three coats and is an enjoyable past time, while watching a game and sipping some suds, as you need to let the stripper work for 10 or 15 min. for each coat. I use a synthetic sheep's wool buffer on an electric drill , to apply the Mothers. you can see your face in the shine!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Kevin

That Pichler fairing was popular in the eighties with bmw riders.