First actual ride on my Vision!

Started by williamruck, June 14, 2008, 04:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

williamruck

So the other day I finally finished everything on my Vision to make it functional AND street legal. So today I went out for a bit of a ride. I rode over the the local rifle club where my Dad and some of his friends were working on some of the ranges, then I took a drive out on a few country roads towards the airport where I used to work:

And then I took a little drive around town and out towards a local park. They have some very nice twisty roads on the way out towards the boat launch. To my dismay however the river was a bit flooded. Up in the Wis. Dells Lake Delton flooded and over ran the damn, it is now a dry bed, but that water has to go somewhere. IT has come down river and now apparently our river is a bit swollen. I thought this was amusing:

Anyways, with the new rim and new tire on the front everything is running great. I think I might need to bleed the brakes some more, they are still a bit squishy, but other than that everything is great. I like my vision.  8)

On another note I was thinking about a name for my bike. And I have decided to call it "The Bat". I came upon this name for two reasons. The first time my little brother looked at it he said "COOL, that looks like the batmobile!" Now bear in mind that he is 14 but nonetheless, I found his enthusiasm entertaining. I have to admit that I am an avid comic fan, and the second reason for choosing the name came out of a comic I recently read, Batman Year 100. Batman is coordinating a mission when he says "She's been retooled and primed, brace to boot." and Batman asks "How's she look?", Robin responds "Ugly as sin", and Batman says "Good job."

Here is a scanned picture from the comic, it isn't exactly a Vision, and I am not exactly Batman, but I think you get the idea.

h2olawyer

Way Awesome!!!

Looks like things are still a little damp in your part of the world.  Guess I'll find out for myself later this week when I fly into Milwaukee & drive up to Elkhart Lake.  Wish I could take the V!!!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.