I Blew it – rather big time – 200 miles and three ferries from home.

Started by macroars, May 27, 2008, 03:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

Ahem...  :D :D

Quote from: Lucky on May 28, 2008, 08:43:19 AM
i suspect that now that the pressure is off the threads of the bolt (because it's broken), & you remove the rest of the valve cover, you may be able to either just grab the threads with pliers if any threads still stick out & take the broken remains out, or carefully turn the threads out with a pin punch or small chisel & light hammer.  a "reverse" or left handed drill bit would be the easy ticket if you have one available.
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

I thought you had mentioned the reverse bit, Lucky.   ;D  Just figured I'd add where they tend to be available - at least in the US.  May not be the same in Norway.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Night Vision

Quote from: Lucky on June 18, 2008, 02:21:39 PM
Ahem...  :D :D

Quote from: Lucky on May 28, 2008, 08:43:19 AM
i suspect that now that the pressure is off the threads of the bolt (because it's broken), & you remove the rest of the valve cover, you may be able to either just grab the threads with pliers if any threads still stick out & take the broken remains out, or carefully turn the threads out with a pin punch or small chisel & light hammer.  a "reverse" or left handed drill bit would be the easy ticket if you have one available.

give that man a donut
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black