News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

About rim and tires

Started by Serch, June 22, 2008, 01:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serch

Hello. In Spain, the rim that I have are TT (TubeType) but I beleive that in EEUU are TubeLess (TL) Is correct?? Or I have to look for 82 or 83....

With the tires:

rear-> 110/90 or 120/80??
front-> 90/90 or 100/90??

Thx, Sergio
Excuse my poor english. I'm spanish!!

Tiger

:) Hi Sergio,
Here in Canada I run tubeless tire's......

Front...100 x 90 x 18 (Avon).

Rear....110 x 90 x 18 (Avon).

...on my '82 & '83... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Serch

I'm thinking to buy the rims in EEUU to change my rims. I think that TL is better than TT...

Thx, Sergio

h2olawyer

Properly installed tube type tires are still not as good as tubeless.  If you do need to change rims, I would highly recommend doing so at your earliest opportunity.  A puncture in a tube type often leads to a blow out while the same puncture in a tubeless tire will cause a slow leak.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

macroars

The European rims are TT. The bike has also a different tiresize from the US models.

The tires are bigger in Europe.  The euro version should have 90/90 front and 4.25/85 rear. At least according to one conversion table, 4.25 is somewhere between 120 and 130. So I could choose between 120/90 and 130/80.  Back in 82, 4.25 was rather wide, so I fitted 130, and it presents the bike in a way that suits it well. Now I am riding tubed 100/90 Promaxx front and tubed 130/80 Pirelli rear - and it works well.

I do not know whether there are height/width differences between the EU and US models that might make the 130/80 a to close fit in US models. It could also be how the tires are shaped.

I am riding tubed, and do not worry at all.
MacRoarS

You are right about me being wrong.
You are wrong about you being right.
                                     House MD

Serch

I find the two rim by $35, but, the shipping to Spain are $133!!!! (about 38 Lbs)

I'm looking another way more cheaper...

With the tires:
- front 90/90??
- rear 120/80??

It's a good combination??

Thx, Sergio

macroars

120/80 rear is a little bit to small according to the registration papers (I assume that you have 4.25/85 listed). To get the same dimension, you should have 130/80 or 120/90, but I guess that no one would care if you were pulled over.
MacRoarS

You are right about me being wrong.
You are wrong about you being right.
                                     House MD

Serch