News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

New Visionary

Started by Aelwulf, June 24, 2008, 05:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aelwulf

Met a guy with a yellow '82 Vision last Sunday, at the Harley dealership of all places.  If I remember correctly his name was Earl.  I gave him the forum info, hopefully we'll see him around. :)

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

h2olawyer

With the nearly universal reach of the internet & the ease of search engines, I'm surprised any Vision owner has not stumbled across us.  I found the ROV site in the late 90s & lurked for several years before signing up.  I was kind of leery of signing up for anything online at that time.  That was when I first learned about cleaning the carbs & lining the gas tank with something other than KREEM.

Anyway, great to hear you may have guided another Visionary our direction.  Hope to hear from him soon.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

Wouldn't join any club that would have you for a member eh? :D
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Brian Moffet

I'm trying to figure out when I joined the group, and I can't remember...

Brian

h2olawyer

Quote from: Lucky on June 24, 2008, 09:19:33 PM
Wouldn't join any club that would have you for a member eh? :D

I thought that, but didn't write it.   ;D

Sure glad I finally joined, though.

If you look up your profile, the date you registered is listed.  Mine was:    July 18, 2003, 11:42:06 PM

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Brian Moffet

Yes, but I think that was the second iteration of the group.  I think I was on the first, but I don't remember.  The join for this one is December 04, 2001, 07:13:48 AM

Brian

Lucky

mine says December 01, 2001, 09:55:29 AM, but i know that's not right, i bought my bike in the spring of 2000...

Rick G

Mine says Dec. 6 2001  at 5.27 am, and that can't be right either, I'm never up at 5;30 am  even to go to work. I joined the first version  in the spring of '99 , Guzzi John turned me on to it, not long after I got my first Vision. I even have some print outs of the original format. I'll see if there dated.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Lucky

just found it, i bought my bike July 8th 2000.  i'll have to throw a birthday party...

YellowJacket!

Mine was April 23, 2005, 04:29:30 PM.  I can look at the first pic I took of my bike and tell you the date and time I got it. ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Aelwulf

Got mine sometime late spring/early summer 2005.  Didn't get to get more serious with it until two years later though (hence the 2007 join timeframe).

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Walt_M.

Original owner since May, 1983. ROV June 22, 2003.
Whale oil beef hooked!