Here is my new Bike Ducati st4 2000

Started by visionrevisit, July 12, 2008, 11:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visionrevisit

I just put a deposit on a used st4 and will pick it up next weekend.   I decided to add another option for my riding since my Vision has been problematic and has not been dependable lately.  I plan on fixing the motor to run ok then riding both.

What do you know about the Ducati st4 my ex co-worker had one.  It has a 4 valve per cylinder v-twin with fuel injection and 105 hp.  wow!

Check out this link.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MceL7nUOoio  Sounds great

http://www.ducatiseattle.com/pre-owned/bikes/07-05-08/st4.htm

Miles: 3,959 mi.
Very clean. Hard bags included.
Price: $6,999.00*

Night Vision

nice looking low mile duck

.... we do [we] I know about 'em... less than others I'd guess...

same number of valves and wheels as a Vision   ::)

..... but I do my own valve adjustments  ;)

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

VisionMeister

You won't be disappointed (except by maybe the cost of valve adjustments).
I've got on old two valve air cooled 900SS/SP with 25,000 miles on it with no problems.
2V valve adjustments are flat rate $550.00. I've had mine in three times and it has never been out of spec and required adjustment that I know of. I have bought a manual and plan to check valves myself and only take it to the shop if it needs it.
My biggest and most helpful change was to get a Race Tech shock spring rated for my weight. The stock spring was so heavy that it was non-compliant at road speeds and transmitted bumps into the chassis, upsetting the steering. It now is very forgiving and comfortable to ride in the real world.

visionrevisit

Your right I ain't disappointed.  Got to ride her today for the first time.  Wow what brakes,  how nimble and what acceleration.   When I looked at the speedometer and it goes to 180 I went uh oh.  After three gears I was doin' 80 with three more to go.   It is nice to have brakes that are so effecient   The tach goes to 13000 rpm.  It has a nice v-twin sound to it.

I need to fix my White Vision so I can enjoy it also.

Cheers

zore

There are video's on how to do the valve adjustment on those.  Although the 4v's are slightly more involved, the basics are the same.   I've been doing the valve adjustment on my duc since I got it.  A few cheap tools and you're on your way.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Superfly

Good call on the ST4, they are great bikes, and I have heard great things about them.  I got a video from Pro Italia (on VHS) on how to do a valve adjustment on the 90's Supersports.  I have not had to do one on mine yet, but it looks really straightforward.

VisionMeister, are you back on 2 wheels yet?

-P
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

VisionMeister

Just started walking without the crutches last week.
My leg is really weak and needs a couple of weeks working out before I fell confident enough to ride the bike.
I also found out at my checkup yesterday that I have a screw that needs to be removed, so a new incision to heal up in the next few weeks (it was intended to be temporary, holds my legbones together so they don't slip off my ankle).