News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

82 RJ #3787

Started by Coil Coyle, July 14, 2008, 12:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coil Coyle

ROV,
   Well, I Googled "Odium" today, the name of the ROV member I got this 82 RJ #3787 from and the Free Dictionary website gave me this definition.

o·di·um  (d-m)
noun.
1. The state or quality of being odious.
2. Strong dislike, contempt, or aversion.
3. A state of disgrace resulting from hateful or detestable conduct.

So I looked up "Odious"

o·di·ous  (d-s)
adj.
Arousing or meriting strong dislike, aversion, or intense displeasure. See Synonyms at hateful.
[Middle English, from Old French odieus, from Latin odisus, from odium, hatred; see odium.]
odi·ous·ly adv.
odi·ous·ness n.

This name seemed more suitable as a description of the current Executive Branch of the United States of America than a good bike. I decided that I needed to rename the bike, a really nice Vision, reliable and sweet running.
I searched for Good or Handsome and found, Hussein.

Hussein or Hossain, Hussain, Husain, Hosein (Arabic:حسین Turkish: Hüseyin): It is an Arabic name which is the diminutive
of Hasan, meaning "good" or "handsome". It is commonly given as a male given name among Muslims, after Husayn ibn Ali,
although the name is so common it is also given to persons of secular backgrounds. With so many ways to spell it, I figured the name had a good connotation among a majority of humans here on our planet.

I think this new name suits # 3787 to a "T" so I'm renaming it as of now.
Odium's old bike is now named Hussein. It's a nice bike, good and handsome. I'll ride it to Rick_G's on the fall ride; maybe get an iron butt certificate with it before I send it South to KRC.

Gratefully,
;)
Coil