compressor tool

Started by timlunn, July 14, 2008, 01:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timlunn

Does anyone know where I can find a valve compressor tool so I can remove the valve shims on the tops of the valves in order to do an adjustment on the valves?

T

h2olawyer

Unobtanium.  I tried to order one from K&L through Yamaha last year & it is no longer available.  They come up on rare occasion on eBay, but I haven't seen one there for a few years.

Lucky has plans on how to make one - it may still be on his website (www.xz550.com) and is also on his CD-ROM.

You can also loosen the camshafts and remove them without using the tool.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kiawrench

once you get those plans in hand,,, remember, you are using a grinder to make th edarn thing,,, and it will get hot enough to stick to your skin,, really fast . take your time, work carefully, and you can make it
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .