Bike does not like new YICS box

Started by wolfman, June 24, 2004, 06:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfman

New (used) $5 YICS canister installed. (Passed the suck and blow test) Idle speed DROPPED noticeably with the "new" non leaking box on the bike.  Adjusted idle speed and mixture all seemed well until I went to ride it work tonight.  COLD, it was more trouble to start than it has been in months, at moderate throttle it has develop a HUGE flat spot between 3-4K rpm, hard throttle application exhibits a bog that was not there before, steady cruising above 5k is fine.  Does not seem to want to hold and idle speed either, ALTHOUGH after a 17 mile to work (including 6 65+mph freeway miles) the idle speed and smoothness was right back where it was the other day after the adjustment and all seemed well with the world again.  This come under the big heading of WTF?  Guess I'll check the sync AGAIN!

Blake

Wolfman..

Have you tried connecting a pipe between the two ports on the cylinders for the YICS?  I took my yics off about 3 years ago and the thing still pulls like a horse..havent had any problems with it and idle is fine.  only thing i can think of it sounds like carbs are dirty..i had the cold/warm problem once..but a nice dip in chemdip fixed that right up....but then again..could be the sync.  when i took my yics off, i did have to resync.

good luck with that.  but first thing i would do is try the straight pipe connection between ports... might help.  if it doesnt you can then elimate the yics being the problem and then look at the carbs..because your problem will definately be there then.
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

wolfman

Well, come to think of it  ::) the last resync was done with the internally leaking YICS box installed....DOH!

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black