News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Headlight Help

Started by Back_in_the_Saddle, June 15, 2004, 11:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tryder

I'm no expert but I had a similar problem...turned out to be the kill switch. My head lamp would come on once in a while but mostly wouldn't work. Thought it was the wiring until I got some direction from Rick. Problem was the little circuit board in the Kill/run switch - it was broken and the part that connects with the hot wire in the switch was only contacting sometimes. Fix was a working used switch. I just hooked the new one up & it worked fine.

Walt_M.

If it won't start from cold with the enrichening lever fully on, your enrichening circuits are dirty and need cleaning. I don't think anything is off limits when you are trying to get it started for the first time. Working the throttle while cranking will put fuel in from the accelerator pump and may help it to start, it can also flood it if you get carried away. If you can get it to run, then you can adjust the idle mixture and all that other stuff.
By the way, you have probably figured out that the starter cutoff relay was not making contact and keeping your headlight from coming on.
Whale oil beef hooked!