News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

New video camera first youtube video evar.

Started by zore, July 22, 2008, 09:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zore

Nothing great, 37 seconds of waste.  The thing will do 1080p and I'm not sure how to get youtube to show higher quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueldpqaxUjQ
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

h2olawyer

I recently got one of those AIPTEK cameras, too.  Just picked up an 8GB SD card today - that means over 5 hours of continuous video with my helmet cam.   ;D

I'm not sure if youtube can even do higher definition playback.

That's a great camera system - especially for the $$.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

zore

I'm cutting open the 8g lexar 60x card as we speak. ;D
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

inanecathode

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

h2olawyer

Quote from: inanecathode on July 22, 2008, 11:36:10 PM
Cute kid :o

Ditto.   ;D

I just got some new video software.  My old Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 suite quit working last summer when Microsoft made an upgrade to their media player.  At least when my computers did that upgrade, the video editing portion of the suite quit working.  Best Buy had the same suite - but version 10 - on sale for $50 (half price).  I should now be able to get the Mt. Evans video from the 25 year ride posted someplace.  As soon as I have it done, I'll make it available on DVD to anyone who wants it -- cheap - about the cost of DVD & mailing.  Details later.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

inanecathode

Man i really want a camera, just a bar mounted one or better yet a helmet cam, but they're SO expensive its just rediculous.

h2olawyer

They're coming down fast.  Try these guys:

www.helmetcamera.com

The one I got is now called the 480 Land, Sea, Air Extreme kit.  I spent about $450 for it 3 years ago.  It's now $300 and has some upgraded parts - the connector looks to be better quality than mine.  They also have some complete kits, but you can do better in price by shopping around.  I really like the billet aluminum housing for the camera.  Extremely bullet proof.

You still need a recording device.  A mini DV camera that uses tapes can be found pretty cheap on eBay.  The Aiptek is an even better deal - true 1080p HD capability and SD card memory (no tape jiggle).  I got mine new - on sale - for under $150.  With my helmet camera, I am limited to 480p resolution, but I've watched some of the video on my HDTV & it looks as good as any standard def DVD I own.  The HD video I shot of the P-51 a couple weeks ago looks really nice on HDTV - but that was shot with just the Aiptek - using the 720p 60 frames per second "sports" setting.

Whatever video recording device is used, it must have an "AV In" connection.

Under $500 & you can have a pretty nice complete system, including a 4GB card for 2 hours of helmet cam video.   8)

H2O

inanecathode

hmm, i'll have to look into that
its just frustrating seeing sights and not remembering them later :/

h2olawyer

Quote from: inanecathode on July 23, 2008, 12:31:14 AM
its just frustrating seeing sights and not remembering them later :/

Just wait a few years until your mind really starts to go.  Then you'll be able to hide your own Easter eggs!   ;D

I can remember when B&W video cameras ran over 3 grand - and those were meant for the "home user" market.  Hate to think what the pro gear was going for back then (1970s).

H2O

zore

The reality on this little cam is that you can mount it on the bars if you really wanted too.  It's that small.  It's the route I'm going to take.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

h2olawyer

Here's another inexpensive option.  My friend, who races the Formula Mazda, uses one of these on his car & it works great!

www.goprocamera.com

H2O

YellowJacket!

Keep an eye out on www.geeks.com .  I just got a HD DXG Video camera on a whim purchase.  They ahd it for 79.00.  It was originally 139.00.  It records in standard adn HD and is about the size of a pack of cigs.  Much smaller than the "optimus" that I used to film the ride with lucky last year.  I also got a mounting bracket that mounts to just about anywhere on my bike to attach it to.  Fits great on my crash bars and has a great "perspective" on my ride.
Add to that the 11.00 I paid at buy.com for a high speed 8 gig SD card and I have a great little setup.
Y'all are right, your daughter is a little doll.  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

don_vanecek

I suppose I better order one when you finish as I understand the rear end (of my Vision) is the star in a part of this movie! ;D

h2olawyer

Quote from: don_vanecek on July 23, 2008, 09:36:50 AM
I suppose I better order one when you finish as I understand the rear end (of my Vision) is the star in a part of this movie! ;D

Especially the brake light!   ;)

H2O

Shop Rat

I did a jury-rigged handlebar cam a couple months ago and here's how it looked:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6365680124058403808&hl=en

I mounted a Kodak EasyShare One to a Rollei pistol grip, which in turn was mounted to a clamp secured to the left handlebar.  Worst part was the shaking, even with me holding the pistol grip to steady the rig.  OK for a 1st effort, but Hollywood ain't ringing my phone.

Frank

Quote from: h2olawyer on July 23, 2008, 12:19:26 AM
They're coming down fast.  Try these guys:

www.helmetcamera.com

The one I got is now called the 480 Land, Sea, Air Extreme kit.  I spent about $450 for it 3 years ago.  It's now $300 and has some upgraded parts - the connector looks to be better quality than mine.  They also have some complete kits, but you can do better in price by shopping around.  I really like the billet aluminum housing for the camera.  Extremely bullet proof.

You still need a recording device.  A mini DV camera that uses tapes can be found pretty cheap on eBay.  The Aiptek is an even better deal - true 1080p HD capability and SD card memory (no tape jiggle).  I got mine new - on sale - for under $150.  With my helmet camera, I am limited to 480p resolution, but I've watched some of the video on my HDTV & it looks as good as any standard def DVD I own.  The HD video I shot of the P-51 a couple weeks ago looks really nice on HDTV - but that was shot with just the Aiptek - using the 720p 60 frames per second "sports" setting.

Whatever video recording device is used, it must have an "AV In" connection.

Under $500 & you can have a pretty nice complete system, including a 4GB card for 2 hours of helmet cam video.   8)

H2O
frankcalandra49@gmail.com
'82 XZ550
'83 CB1100F

h2olawyer

Here's one of my early Video editions.  On the first video, I have music instead of the engine noise as the microphone was not well protected from the wind on this ride.  The second one has music and engine sounds.  I'll be changing the videos soon, as I now have new editing software & lots more video clips from which to choose.

Many of you have seen these already.  EDIT:  They do take a little time to load & start.

http://home.comcast.net/~h2olawyer/images/Videos/NARROWSRIDE1.wmv

http://home.comcast.net/~rmgrover/images/4-26-06J.avi

H2O

YellowJacket!

I used a mount called "Ultramount".  I got it off Amazon.com for about 20.00.  I usually mount it to my engine guards for the best view but attaching it to my handle bars or grab bars gives good angles as well.

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)