News:

Main Menu

spot the mistake

Started by arfa vmax, July 26, 2008, 05:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arfa vmax

hi all use this link, www.antimarket.com/Bikes.2.html.0.html  scan down a couple of pictures and spot the  mistake :o viragos taking our credit.still some interesting features, carb conversion etc

Lucky

Post Apocoliptic Bob job raises it's ugly head once more (but Kia likes it)
The whole thing is a mistake, but that's just my opinion.  i will say that's the best/clearest pic i've seen of it so far...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

motorcyclezen

HA!!! What a howl, and just this week I pulled the "Wee Max" off Lucky's CD and made it my desktop background. I love that bike!

Ed--

arfa vmax

i think its half way there to what i want.dont know why he kept the over sized tank since the air filter box has gone unless he has the battery up there.no problem carbs and no leak prone tank must be two improvements.not everyone goes for tourers with nose fairings

Shop Rat

Quote from: arfa vmax on July 29, 2008, 05:23:48 PM
i think its half way there to what i want.dont know why he kept the over sized tank since the air filter box has gone unless he has the battery up there.no problem carbs and no leak prone tank must be two improvements.not everyone goes for tourers with nose fairings

Think how hot it would look with a seat and exhaust like the Duc in the pic above it.  FC
frankcalandra49@gmail.com
'82 XZ550
'83 CB1100F

The Prophet of Doom

I think it's GORGEOUS !!! 

Except of course for the mudguard studs which are naff, and somehow the chunky tank seems a bit out pf place with the sexy headlight.

I'd seriously do this to #2 as a daily commuter if I had the ability.  Somehow I think I would run out of skills 10 minutes after I took an angle grinder to the back of the frame, and the whole thing would sit on my driveway till it rotted...

I wonder where they put the cooland o/flow, r/r, cdi etc

Another pic...

Shop Rat

Is that a Wolf exhaust system?

FC

Quote from: roro on July 31, 2008, 03:21:36 AM
I think it's GORGEOUS !!! 

Except of course for the mudguard studs which are naff, and somehow the chunky tank seems a bit out pf place with the sexy headlight.

I'd seriously do this to #2 as a daily commuter if I had the ability.  Somehow I think I would run out of skills 10 minutes after I took an angle grinder to the back of the frame, and the whole thing would sit on my driveway till it rotted...

I wonder where they put the cooland o/flow, r/r, cdi etc

Another pic...

frankcalandra49@gmail.com
'82 XZ550
'83 CB1100F

Walt_M.

Nope, that is not a Wolf exhaust. It is a homebuilt using what he had laying around his shop. At least that is what was reported in Cycle World where I first saw it.
Whale oil beef hooked!

arfa vmax

kiawrench

thanks for posting that sexy lil hot rod,,, i have to go now,, i need a smoke and a short nap,,,,,,,,,,,
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

jasonm.

I think it maybe a SpecII exhaust. Or a variation there of.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

elemonator

Am not crazy about it....got some really good ideas though..like the rims, alum rad skirts, handle bar set up...and carb..I thought about doing that...and then there'be be a NOS bottle where the airbox was...sleeper     :Dhe he

The Prophet of Doom

i"ve been wondering what carbs they would have used to allow the air intake from the side like that.  Any ideas?

Rick G

The article in CW  said it had a HD carb on it .
As for me , I think is bloody AWFUL , and a waste of time. But then I'm old  .
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

If it makes you feel just a little younger, Rick - I don't like it either.  I agree with your assessment.  However, I'm just beginning to approach old.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Coil Coyle

Quote from: arfa vmax on July 31, 2008, 12:44:37 PM
this is how my xz looks now http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/arfa-vmax/000_1744.jpg   :o   long way to go.
ARFA,

You and Retro Randy are at the same place. If he gets Jaqui's XS360 restored, I'm going to give his bobber project back to him to complete. He did a real nice job bobbing a 700cc honda and then traded it for a pickup!

With consensus on the design of a seat mount frame, a jig would be feasible for building a few of them in one welding session here at the shop.

I'll show this to Retro and see if I can get him to hook up with you

;)
Coil
PS: ARFA, if you don't have oil in them cylinders yet you should do it now.
;D

arfa vmax

hi coil retro randy sounds like the main man to me.dont know if there is already such a term as "modro" but that is what i have in mind for my xz bobber.4 valves and 2 cams per cylinder +water cooling,digital instruments and a square head light is modern,combined with a stripped bare basic rigid look for the retro gives you modro.may be a bit sad but since i cant get to work on the bike at the moment its the best i can do.seat wise i have come up with the idea of a single seat with the number plate and light mounted behind it,for two up the number plate unit will pull out longer and the low back rest will fold down to make the rear seat.