You Know Your MAC's have no Baffel Material When.....

Started by YellowJacket!, July 27, 2008, 07:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

You're fortunate - whenever I wanted to sell textbooks back, I was usually informed that a new edition was coming out for the next semester, so my books were worthless.  I have a rather large collection covering all kinds of subjects.  I haven't looked at most of them since I put them on my bookshelves.  There are a few handy things in a couple law texts, but everything from undergrad has been unopened since 1990.  Oh well, they look nice in my library.

Eat lots of yogurt with active cultures to help replace the intestinal bugs the antibiotics have killed.  Take it easy on the bike - equilibrium is only part of the equation - your physical abilities may have dropped off a bit fighting off this bug.  At least you're feeling up to a ride & that's always a good thing.   ;D

I still think you ought to check the mixture & synch, just to make sure the blockage wasn't screwing things up.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Thanks Rob.  ;D

Fridge is well stocked with Yogurt.  I eat it every day anyway.

Sold the books on half.com - part of ebay.  Was quite surprised that some of the books I listed even sold.  If you have any books you want to sell, put in the isbn # and half pulls it from the database providing its been sold before.   There are no listing fees but half does keep a percentage of the selling price but also pays the shipping.  So, you may actually have some cash sitting on your shelves.  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

Thanks, David.  I'll look into it, but all those books are over 15 years old now, and some closer to 20, so I would be surprised if there's any value in them beyond maybe firestarter.   ::)

H2O

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

You did better than me ! After finishing HVAC shool my instructor asked to borrow my books as his were in his car when it was stolen. I checked back to recover my books and he wasen't teaching there anymore >:( >:(
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

YellowJacket!

Its a totally different bike.  I took it out for a shakedown today and besides the fact that I'm riding naked (um, without my shark fairing), It is a beast.

Fired right up and idled great.  Sounds really good at idle.  Solid and steady.  Did two laps around my subdivision and at steady speed, the macs are at an acceptable volume.  After letting her warm up a bit and no signs of stumble, I took her out of my subdivision onto the main road and she died.  Almost like killl switch died.  Wasn't just a bog down but instant cutoff.  Fired right back up though and after a minute of idling and checking things out, went for the rest of my ride.

Acceleration is vastly improved and at 55 to 65mph she runs at a low rumble.  After warming up a bit, I pulled over to tinker with the mixture screws but she seems to be dead on...I'll let Lucky be the judge of that though.  No more afterfire when I downshift or engine brake either.

YJ is ALIVE!  ;D  ;D

Now, I just have to refinish my fairing and get a windscreen and she is back together again. Still haven't heard back from administration yet about paying for my windscreen though.

David

QBS

What is the status of your side stand safety switch?  Your sudden cut out sounds exactly like that problem area.  You haven't lived until in the middle of a Banzi 18 wheeler pass your V decides to be safe.

Shop Rat

Quote from: QBS on August 13, 2008, 04:55:28 PM
What is the status of your side stand safety switch?  Your sudden cut out sounds exactly like that problem area.  You haven't lived until in the middle of a Banzi 18 wheeler pass your V decides to be safe.

I've never owned a bike with a sidestand interlock switch, and don't intend to. That switch on my XZ willl be deep-6ed and jumpered.

Frank
frankcalandra49@gmail.com
'82 XZ550
'83 CB1100F

Rick G

I have my side stand switch trained , at the first left turn , it hits the ground and pops right up. happens every time!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

inanecathode

I know its annoying, but the side stand switch is a safety interlock. I just read a story where a rider was killed because he took off with the kickstand down, entered a hard left turn and jacked the bike up in the air, sending him ultimately into the trees.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Rick G

Ya, but 26 year old switches , that live in road grime are going to be unreliable, period.
Some side stands WILL jack the bike up , but not the vision. If you worried about it, adapt a Honda rubber "finger" to the side stand , all it does is raise the side stand, at the first left corner
Rick G

YellowJacket!

I don't think it was the sidestand.  I was making a right turn.  Two things may have come into play.  The bike had sat for a couple weeks and the bowls were probably low on fuel.  It started right up and took off. Did a couple laps around my neighborhood then went out onto the main road and it died. Rode the bike yesterday and my tank was almost empty.

After filling the tank up, I took it out again for another more spirited ride and she did fantastic.  Really is like a different bike...now that she has better exhaust flow.   I think I cured my bikes asthma.  ;D

David

David