where did you buy you SS brake lines?

Started by Lucky, August 01, 2008, 11:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Tiger

:) Galfer via www.sumofallparts.net

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Brian Moffet

pullshocks

Walt_M.

Got mine from Tiger's link to Sum of all Parts. Installed yesterday, getting a Mitey Vac and bleeding today.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

chimera

Yeah, sumofallparts. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago. Still waiting...
Every tool is a hammer, except screwdrivers, those are chisels.
                         <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v210/meatpopsicle/Bike/ ">-The other bike build-</A>

Walt_M.

Just used Brian's link to order a set for my TDM, Sum didn't list them. See which is faster. Got my Vision's brakes bled and they felt better than the TDM! Bled the TDM and they were no better.

Explanation, the Vision's front brake, even with the now-firm lever feel and travel is still only average. The TDM, even with the spongy lever will STOP! Have to see how the new lines work on it.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Aelwulf

eBay, but I think it was from sumofallparts as well there IIRC.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

kiwibum

Got my Galfer Lines from here, they send worldwide which is handy for those out of the US. I'll probably buy another couple of sets before I head back home for my other two bikes, they are worth every penny and three times the price in NZ.
http://www.rg500.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=R&Product_Code=FK003D87&Category_Code=Gyam

Kevin