News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Develop America First!

Started by Coil Coyle, August 05, 2008, 05:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coil Coyle

http://www.pickensplan.com/news/category/boones-video-blog/

T. Boone Pickens has joined Jimmy Carter's second term.

I'm going to help him out and watch out for him. To paraphrase Hunter S.Thompson  "I endorse him with Fear and Loathing"

8)
Coil

inanecathode

I disagree with link from coil  ;) :D
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Coil Coyle

Quote from: inanecathode on August 05, 2008, 10:22:14 PM
Hey Inane,

Whats new?

;D
Coil

inanecathode

Quote from: coilXZcoyle on August 05, 2008, 11:41:28 PM
Quote from: inanecathode on August 05, 2008, 10:22:14 PM
Hey Inane,

Whats new?

;D
Coil

Dude a whole lot of nothing. Hurt my ankle and got fired, bought an RD and found out it needs a new top end.
Visions running worse and worse.
Getting the fall moisture.
Winters almost here.

But its ok, i had reeses for breakfast!

Walt_M.

I think ole T. Boone is an oil man and has only a slight grasp of electric power systems. I have been in the biz for 38 yrs and I certainly don't know everything but his plan is so flawed even I can see the holes.
First, electricity is not so portable that you can generate it all in one place and transport it all over the country. If that were so, it would be senseless to locate power plants all over the country near population centers as is done worldwide.
Second, the gas generation he wants to replace with windmills is from newer, more efficient and cleaner plants that have been built in the last 10-15 years. The investor owned utilities have still not recovered the cost to build them and pay off the bonds.
The only real and rational solution to this country's energy problem is nuclear generating plants for electricity combined with increased oil and gas production until there is a viable alternative. Which is what T. Boone should be doing instead of tilting at windmills.
As Ronald Reagan said, facts are stubborn things.
Whale oil beef hooked!

inanecathode

Quote from: Walt_M. on August 06, 2008, 03:59:20 PM
I think ole T. Boone is an oil man and has only a slight grasp of electric power systems. I have been in the biz for 38 yrs and I certainly don't know everything but his plan is so flawed even I can see the holes.
First, electricity is not so portable that you can generate it all in one place and transport it all over the country. If that were so, it would be senseless to locate power plants all over the country near population centers as is done worldwide.
Second, the gas generation he wants to replace with windmills is from newer, more efficient and cleaner plants that have been built in the last 10-15 years. The investor owned utilities have still not recovered the cost to build them and pay off the bonds.
The only real and rational solution to this country's energy problem is nuclear generating plants for electricity combined with increased oil and gas production until there is a viable alternative. Which is what T. Boone should be doing instead of tilting at windmills.
As Ronald Reagan said, facts are stubborn things.

Only solution i can see that is viable in our lifetimes is nuclear.
Radiation is scary so, probably wont happen :-/

Coil Coyle

Inane,
         Nuclear energy requires a police state. We have a police state now so I think we should develop more nuclear too!
Wind farms and oil fields are in my resume. I think they are both viable energy sources.

Walt,
        We ship coal power 1500 miles, we can do solar and wind also, in my humble opinion. Jobs are jobs, after all.

;)
Coil

inanecathode

Naw, nuclear just needs people to actually know and understand what all this scary radiation stuff is.
You know, i know, but the general public just thinks about glow in the dark fish and spiderman :-/

Walt_M.

More people have been killed riding in Ted Kennedy's car than in nuclear plant accidents in the United States. But seriously Coil, this transmission network that will have to be built for T. Boone's plan to work does not exist. And who will pay for that?
And a side note, wind generators are hell on migratory birds.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Coil Coyle

Walt,
          They are also wildlife preserves. I'd be flying the bucket truck to do a gearbox PM and have quail running by below, redtail hawks overhead and every once in a while an F4 would scream over the ridge below me!  :o

The transmission lines? Lets subsidize them with our taxes; like we did, and are doing, the oil patch. Thats where you and I cross threads.
;D
Coil

Walt_M.

Coil, the cost is just one aspect. Obtaining right-of-way to build them is quite another. Many people are like you and just see what they want to see. The Florida company I am working for had a 2 year battle to get about 27 miles of 115KV transmission line built that would double the system security to one county and provide power for a fairly large manufacturing facility. The people who would benefit most were the ones most adamantly opposed to building the line! There was an existing 69KV line in the area and I actually saw a sign in someone's yard, 'Say No to Florida Power'. The 69KV line ran right over the yard!
And if you think the effect of wind generators on birds is not a problem, just look at the migratory paths of ducks and geese. Right through T. Boone's proposed wind farm. I'm sure the folks with Ducks Unlimited would be happy to see the results of their years of efforts be slaughtered by windmills.
But I'm sure this is all for naught as it is your way or the highway and I have just wasted 5 minutes of my life.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Riche

Walt is right on the money. Even having small generating plants, say hydro, presents a problem with wheeling the power. Some places the grid can handle it but in others it is not cost effective to build a plant wiht the needed changes to handle the extra kv. And wind power locations need to be chosen with more in mind than just the available wind.