News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Help needed on old and new bike build...

Started by bryanspoon, August 06, 2008, 11:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bryanspoon

Hey guys - long time no questions asked!  LOL - the good news is that I've enjoyed the time this summer just riding with no problems.  Got the tank repainted and everything is going pretty well.

Except :)  I noticed the fan isn't coming on - I pulled the tank off, make sure the line is getting voltage and the fan works directly to the battery - is it that regulator?  Is there a cheaper alternative than the $60 ones online?

Also - I came home the other day and when I turned the key off the headlight didn't go off - I had to disconnect the battery (I just put in a new battery) - is that the Starter Circuit cut-off relay?

Ok - I'll ask more questions on my second bike build after I get this one done.  I did buy some Nelson Rigg Saddlebags on ebay for like $75.00 delivered and they are AWESOME and functional...very nice...

Lucky

for the fan, it's 'ground switched' which means that it should have power, even when the key is off, & the temp probe in the joint under the tank makes the connection to ground when hot & turns the fan on.

it's common for the connection & it's ground (on the screw on the joint) to need cleaning to fix this problem.

the headlight sounds like there might be corrosion in the key switch...

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Coil Coyle

If your key switch is the power supply to this headlight problem, your neutral light will also be on, the signal fuses will be hot.
You'll need a new switch. The wiring diagram is in technical from the main page.

$0.02
;)
Coil