News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Vision owners are masochists

Started by Lucky, August 10, 2008, 09:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dminor

Yes I have Had to replace 1 slave cyl. 1 clutch, 1 rear drive bearing, and allot of tires. The bike is pretty solid and has NEVER LEFT ME ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD(except when I ran out of gas). I had to fix the fuel level sensor that time.
    It is allot like the Vision, fun to ride, a pain in the a** when it breaks.
     You guys should see my garage K1200LT parts covering an entire bay,(with the rest of the bike suspended from the rafters. If you don't like to work on your bikes, BMW charges $75 plus per hour. I'll use what I save ,in gas and tires.
Don ;)

Rick G

Hey Don, what was the automotive rod insert, you used in your rebuild? Inquiring minds need to know!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Tiger

Quote from: Lucky on August 13, 2008, 07:07:14 AM
one makes you a masochist, two makes you an idiot.

of course, this makes Tiger a sadist....  :D

...Aaaaaaah, those whips, masks, beatings, but no chain!!.......Wonderful, superb ;)

:-[ Oh sorry, wrong forum :o Then again, maybe not ::) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

Please note: No Vision was hurt while writing this thread!!! but we had a lot of fun trying ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D

8).......TIGER, Vision De Sade....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Lucky

Quote from: Tiger on August 15, 2008, 06:27:48 AM
Please note: No Vision was hurt while writing this thread!!! but we had a lot of fun trying ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Don't be so sure, hehe
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

inanecathode

Quote from: dminor on August 13, 2008, 08:53:32 PM
Yes I have Had to replace 1 slave cyl. 1 clutch, 1 rear drive bearing, and allot of tires. The bike is pretty solid and has NEVER LEFT ME ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD(except when I ran out of gas). I had to fix the fuel level sensor that time.
    It is allot like the Vision, fun to ride, a pain in the a** when it breaks.
     You guys should see my garage K1200LT parts covering an entire bay,(with the rest of the bike suspended from the rafters. If you don't like to work on your bikes, BMW charges $75 plus per hour. I'll use what I save ,in gas and tires.
Don ;)

Are you on advrider.com? Theres a guy on there who's got his bmw in the exact same fashion. He started with an oil change and ended up with a frame off restoration.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////