News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

HELLLLLOOOOOOO!!!!! Long time, No See!

Started by ProfessorRex, August 12, 2008, 06:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfessorRex

Hey guys (and the token girl or two),

After a long sebatical (about a year now) I'm back on the boards.  I think they call that a re-lapse, or recidivism.  I thought I had the vision addition kicked, but no... I just moved, and in moving I pulled my '83 (the one I was on when I got hit by a car) and my '82 (the parts bike that was in a flood in southern Louisiana) out of the old garrage and moved them the my new locale...

Long story short, my girlfriend (we're moving in together) broke my balls about not fixing the '83, and for not riding motorcycles -love this girl  ::) - (I haven't really riden post car-hit-me-time).

SOOOOOO.... I'm rebuilding the '83.  Pics to follow.

-Rex

PS: Back story for new members : I was hit hard by a car on Oct 17th 2006, a few months in the hospital, 6 months of PT, then after another surgery, and another year of PT, I'm back to about 75% capacity
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

YellowJacket!

Hey Rex! Welcome back and glad you are all healed.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

Hi Rex!  Glad you're back.   ;D  You DO need to get your 83 fixed so you can join the rapidly growing COROV rides!  Hope to see you soon

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

ps2/bikevision

welcome back rex. its good to have a former addict fall off the wagon and rejoin our ranks.  ;D ;D

inanecathode

This is the part where i mention tractor bike.

But i wont cause i'm glad to see you back and i wont tease you yet :P
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Tiger

8) Once a Visionary, always a Visionary...Welcome back to the family mate 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Coil Coyle

Quote from: inanecathode on August 13, 2008, 01:49:07 AM
This is the part where i mention tractor bike.

But i wont cause i'm glad to see you back and i wont tease you yet :P
Inane,
         We're Visionaries, tease him now! What kind of tractor?

Professor Rex,
                   Oil that hurricane motor's cylinders if you haven't yet. Turn it over with the crank bolt and a 9/16th socket in the YICS emblem cover, counterclockwise.

;)
Coil

h2olawyer

That 'hurricane' bike has been sitting for years already.  Turning the engine over at this point may be impossible.  Some Marvel Mystery Oil in the cylinders still wouldn't hurt anything.  It's the bike Lucky helped him get after he was hit by the car a couple years ago.  The bike is meant to help get Rex's once pristine 83 back on the road.  Tractor is not a tractor, but my 2nd Vision.  Rex can tell the story if - or when he wants to.

Just figured I'd clarify things a little more.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

ProfessorRex

Sooo...

Hurricane bike: will be donating it's crank case, and left side cover to my otherwise intact '83 engine.  And, of course several other miscellaneous parts.  The tank and some other parts are going to H2O to cover:

Tractor Bike: H2O's formerly freshly restored '82 painted a beautiful John Deere green, which he was kind enough to allow me to ride on the 25th anniversary adventure, and I was kind enough to lay down in some gravel... lots of gravel, and a burm, made mostly of rocks... Long story short, I'm glad I have a lot of parts, and really glad that H2O likes rebuilding visions.

Pics of the Hurricane bike and uh... the '83 (I need a name) Will follow shortly in another thread.

Renatus Equus! (rebuild the horse)

-Rex
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...