Fitment question on saddle bags

Started by bmac68, August 13, 2008, 12:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmac68

I have been searching past posts and found some good information about fitting saddle bags on the V.  So for those who have bags installed, do you think this set off eBay is to large?  I don't want to ruin the lines of the V and I don't want to make it impossible for a passenger to get their feet on the pegs.  They are 18"L x 7"W (expands to 10") x 11"H. (Total of 33 Liters of storage capacity per bag. Grand total of 66 Liter Capacity)

Please let me know what you think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXL-MSB-66-BLACK-MOTORCYCLE-EXPANDABLE-TAIL-BAG-LUGGAGE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ84146QQihZ020QQitemZ300249674941QQtcZphoto

I'm not in a big hurry to get some but I think they are a good price.

Thanks,
-B

Kevin

I have a set about that size on my son's V. We had to move the turn signals back about 6" to make the rear pegs useable.

bmac68

I may need to keep looking then.  I was hoping the angled part would go partly over the top of the signal lights.  I don't know as that I want to relocate them.

Thanks for the info,
-B

YellowJacket!

I have a set of Nelson Riggs bags that are great on the Vision.  I'll post some pics of them.  If I can find a way to get the hard bags I got from Kia on my Vision, I'll be selling the "riggs" set.

Hey Kevin, wanna trade the riggs bags for some custom brackets if I send you the measurements, pics and diagrams?

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

bmac68

Quote from: YellowJacket! on August 13, 2008, 01:15:26 PM
I have a set of Nelson Riggs bags that are great on the Vision.  I'll post some pics of them.  If I can find a way to get the hard bags I got from Kia on my Vision, I'll be selling the "riggs" set.

Hey Kevin, wanna trade the riggs bags for some custom brackets if I send you the measurements, pics and diagrams?

David

David,

I looked at your set when you post a while back about them.  They would be great!  I just didn't want to spend full price of them.  If you are going to sell them let me know.  I'm not in any hurry to get a set.  Those were the ones you got from DK, right?

-B

Kevin

I thinking the only way I could get the bags to fit properly is have them here and fit them to one of the V's in the garage and then send everything to you. This winter after riding season?