dashboard

Started by iain, August 24, 2008, 01:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain

Hi Guys.
How do you remove the glass from the dashboard with out breaking it, is there a trick to it.

Iain
NZ

inanecathode

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

iain

Sorry, speedo/rev counter assembly

Iain
NZ

h2olawyer

I've never tried.  I believe it is glued in.  Many won't believe it is actual glass, but it really is.  I have a gauge cluster with broken glass if anyone is still sure that is plastic, I'll snap a pic & send a piece.  I would have sworn it was plastic until I saw the shards last summer.

The glue may melt with a little heat - just be careful not to melt or warp the housing.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

inanecathode

Its heat seamed into the plastic housing. I guess you could heat the plastic off the glass, but it'd probably just melt.
Why are you trying to remove the glass? You know you can take the glass with the outer bezel off the gauge cluster body, right?
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

Rick G

Its glass, I have pics of my misadventure in pudding creek . These include the smashed instrument cluster. if you have a broken glass, I can probably come up with a good housing , complete with glass.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike