Carb operation at idle

Started by pullshocks, September 18, 2008, 02:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonm.

The #6 o-rings fit perfectly without sticking. But you should always use a slight bit of grease when first installing them. Throttle springs are strong. and the gasoline  in the carbs will provide enough lubrication for the o-rings.

Brian, so when I vacuum the carpet in the living room. I am doing a lack of pressure cleaning. ;).  Vacuum-"anything with a sucking ability realitive to the atmospheric pressure". Like a good woman in the right position. ;D
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Brian Moffet

Quote from: jasonm. on October 13, 2008, 10:07:27 AM
Brian, so when I vacuum the carpet in the living room. I am doing a lack of pressure cleaning. ;). 

Yes, and you would pass YJ's physics final  ;D

jasonm.

notice I used the term-"relative". As all things are as such to a certain extent.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Brian Moffet on October 13, 2008, 10:37:15 AM
Quote from: jasonm. on October 13, 2008, 10:07:27 AM
Brian, so when I vacuum the carpet in the living room. I am doing a lack of pressure cleaning. ;). 

Yes, and you would pass YJ's physics final  ;D

LOL Brian...you're bringing back flashbacks!  That was the first thing I thought of when I read that.  ;D  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

pullshocks

Do the O rings go on both sides?  Do you just piggy back it in with the rubber shaft seal?  I still have the carbs  out of the bike so I might as well do that too

Brian Moffet

Quote from: YellowJacket! on October 13, 2008, 09:22:00 PM
LOL Brian...you're bringing back flashbacks!  That was the first thing I thought of when I read that.  ;D  ;D

As some of my friends will complain about, I will make a joke about something that I remember from a year prior.  They don't remember, but for some reason I do...

Brian (wish I could remember names...)

jasonm.

Quote from: pullshocks on October 14, 2008, 12:35:54 AM
Do the O rings go on both sides?  Do you just piggy back it in with the rubber shaft seal?  I still have the carbs  out of the bike so I might as well do that too
piggy back...nothing more. Fits under the fiber washer. They fit on the shaft easily...if you can get things apart... The front left on the '83 is the easiest. Lucky for me that was the true leaker.

pullshocks

Thanks.  I now think my problems are ignition related.  But I will keep the possibility of shaft seal leakage in mind.