News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Empty Nest

Started by YellowJacket!, September 20, 2008, 04:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Well, Vicki and I are oficially empty nesters - except for an occasional mother in law who comes to stay with us.  Both boys are off to college and.......

My daughter is getting married next weekend!!!  Its been planned for over a year and we have been getting ready for it for a while.  Don't know why I didn't post about it earlier but I guess the shock of it all really set in this weekend when we realized that the wedding is now in seven days.
They are both happy and I really like my future son in law....heck, he just gave me a MIller Lite!
The wedding is going to be big.  We had twice as much people respond that they were attending than we expected.  With todays RSVP cards, the number went north of 200 guests!!  We had expected about 100.
In any event, pray for good weather (its an outside wedding) and good fortune.  I'll post some pics next week.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

Congrats!  Time to start renting out rooms.   ;)  (You gotta pay for that wedding somehow.)

Prayers and good wishes are with you all in this joyous time. 

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

reardeac

downsize the home and upsize the toy collection ;D

YellowJacket!

Quote from: reardeac on September 21, 2008, 10:36:20 PM
downsize the home and upsize the toy collection ;D

Unfortunately I'm downsizing both. One of the reason I'm getting rid of some parts.

I should start hearing from the schools I applied to this year sometime in October or November.  I'm hopeful that I get accepted this "round".  In any event, the house has to go - as well as lots of whats in it. It'll be tough going from a 5 bedroom, 3000 sq' house to a 800 or so sq' apartment, but I'll have to move to either Birmingham AL, Charleston SC, or Northeast TN depending on which school I get into.  Will also need the equity in the house to pay off  my debt....and the wedding, as well as live off of while I'm in school. (PA programs are on of the only medical programs that do not let you work while you are in them - for PA school, its like learning 4 years of medical school in 2 years).  :o  :o

Oh, and once I'm done, I have my list of toys... Kawasaki Meanie is on the  top of the list.

David

kiawrench

roflmao,,,,, move to myrtle beach,,, rent all the extra rooms to russian exchange students ---buy that meanie in a year and still not dent your savings
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Aelwulf

On the plus side Meanies should get a bit cheaper from the looks of things. :( Maw Kaw's '09 cruisers are out and 3 of the 4 are baggers, one is a full tourer.  They're 1700s now but the only non-bagger stock is the classic which is so-so (IMO).  The 1500s & 1600s are to be discontinued, and (at the moment at least) there is no Mean Streak replacement.  From what I've been reading it's been the biggest sore point about the news so we'll see if it sticks.  A bunch of us are kind of hoping they're just waiting 'til 2010 to release an upgraded Mean Streak with the 1700 motor tweaked fo rmore power, better handling characteristics and a cleaner look like they did with the original.  That'd be nice, especially with the boost to a 5.3 gallon tank.

Either way dealerships will probably be looking to clear out their current inventory of the old models in the next year so...

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

YellowJacket!

Well, we had the rehersal tonight and everything went great.  I got to sit and talk to my step daughters father for quite a while.  I haven't seen him in many years.

The only problem now is that it is an outside wedding and we have a very weird storm system approaching us.  Most of our weather patterns come from the south or southwest direction. This one is coming down from the north east.  Supposedly a tropical storm that came ashore over Virginia and the Carolinas.  In my 26 years here, I have never seen a weather pattern move over us from the northeast.  It was only in the 60's today....usually in the 80's about now.

Anyway, pray for nice weather for tomorrow - Saturday.

Tim and I will be walking Jessica down the aisle together.  ;D

David