Got Mods? Lets see 'em

Started by Back_in_the_Saddle, June 01, 2004, 07:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back_in_the_Saddle

I've been thinkin about some easy mods to the Vision. I know we have some purists here, but seeing as the bike is 22 years old, some things are bound to be changed. I've removed the rear fender, relocated the rear signal lights and modified the license holder. I've been thinking about some reflective tape, WWW.tapeworks.com , for the wheels(all about visibility), and maybe some different pinstriping, of the same reflective tape. Thinking blue or white. I'm sure my paint is not original. Its a two tone black/blue with gold(i think) pinstriping on the tank, the side panels are blue. The rear piece and the front fender are the same two tone scheme. Pics when I get the bike back. I've also been thinking of getting some wider front pegs(any suggestions are greatly appreciated), just wondering what other mods have been done to enhance the look of the bike. And yes, I saw the crazy harley military Vision, no thanks.

Lucky

my mods (nothing too outragous, you can see 'em on my site) include:
Shoie hard bags with running lights,
seatback/luggage rack,
"humber" windshield,
Ford Taurus horns (use a relay!!),
live oil guage & voltmeter by Autometer,
digital clock, radar detector, Garman GPS, foam grips, fork brace.  
Custom saddle is in the works.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Back_in_the_Saddle

Hey Lucky, that horn mod is something I've seriously considered. I live in L.A. and if I could, I'd probably mount a diesel horn. I'll have to ask you about that later.

silicon_toad2000

I've got a pair of little flashing LED's that go on the valvestems off ebay for mine. They're not legal here, but they make the bike that little more visible.
One mans clunker is another mans blank canvas.

Rick G

I've done away with the "adjustable" handlebars . I had a pair od risers from a Honda atv welded  on and now use standard tubular bars . this allows me my choice of bars.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Sable

Hey Rick...

Not being a welder... and not having any friends that know how to weld... do you know of any risers that would fit other handle bars that bolt onto the V's tripple trees? Any help would be appreciated!

~ Sable
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

tonykaos

I have SpecII exhaust, sport springs up front, Seca 900 headlamp, chrome engine guards, foam grips, cruise control, one dual electrical outlet for radar detector and cd player, Bagman saddlebags and tank bag, yamaha sport fairing, modified fuse box under the saddle.
Currently, the bike is in the shop, rebuilding carb, front brake and inspection. Should be good for another 38,000 miles ;D

scootertramp

I tied a BANDANNA on my LEFt handlebar,, Now it's PERFECT..
VROOM! 8)
IT's a VISION.   82. 550. water-cooled and shaft drive.
yes'm water-cooled just like a car.
No. no chain. it has a shaft drive like a car.
well no mamm I don't wish i had a car.
well, when it rains I have to find a dry spot.
cause this is a

Rick G

John , i don't know of a bolt on, but I have  a second set of honda atv risers . The heliarc welding cost me 60.00 and I did final shaping with a dremel . If your interested let me know I make up diagrams and pics for you.
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Ron_McCoy

Late 70s - early 80s Suzuki RMs have handlebar mounts that
moount with one 12 mm bolt through each one.Mine are
mounted with holes drilled between the ribs that are under
the top triple clamp with a heavy washer underneath.They've
stayed good and tight for 18 years and allow you to run any
tubular handlebar you like.

ArrrGeee

on the subject of top triple clamps and handlebars, it seems to me that the rz350 and xj650 turbo models may fit due to the front ends sharing many parts. it would take some research I know but probably worth checking out.

-Ron

added:

lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7904303795&category=35581

Rick G

They might fit , but in my book there horrible too!
Rick G

kiawrench

most of my work has been in restoration and maint ,
i have a few mods, seat,vetter fairing ,and few other goodies,,,
 i want to buy the single led voltage indicator from aerostich catalog ,and a few other items i dont have
am trying to get decent pix,, will send for posting of whatever host picks out soon . GA Wolf has done the once over on mine ,, i guess was ok to his eye,,, with the new vetter on ,, is a lot nicer looking ,,,
 thanks to lucky, ron g. .H2O, wolfman and others,,
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .