News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Cherohala and The Dragon

Started by YellowJacket!, October 19, 2008, 08:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Lucky and I went out for a ride today on the Cherohala Skyway.  He rode his "new" Cafe Vision and both our bikes performed flawless.  The ride was spectacular...absolutely beautifule scenery...probably the best I've ever seen.

We did see a bad wreck on the Dragon.  We came up on it about a miinute after it happened and I stopped to administer help.

Met a couple guys at Deals Gap that used to own a Vision. We also met a guy on the skyway from Maryland.  His name was Michael and he rode his BMW along with us to Deals Gap and on the Dragon up until the wreck.  The cops closed the road so we had to wait a couple hours and he had to get back to Maggie Valley so he ended up doubling back.  Really nice guy.

While we were at the Gap, we saw the ROV Burning Stator shirt that Motorplow and Mutt signed.

I'll post some of the pics and update more when I get some of my schoolwork done.

The Visions did great.  We figured that we got over 50mpg.  Lucky actually made it further than me.  I think I'm running a bit rich.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Mutt

When we were up there we didn't get a chance to ride the Cherohala but I would like to do that next time. Next time I come up I'm trucking the bike though. I went through some rough weather all the way to the mountains. Motorplow was kind enough to wait on me an extra 4 to 5 hours after I was supposed to meet him. I tried calling him but I couldn't get a signal from the phone I had at the time.

We'll all have to get together and sign another shirt and do some more curves.

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

ps2/bikevision

if im invited i promise to not throw any rocks.  ;D

Mutt

If there are any Miatas  >:( running around I won't mind you throwing some rocks. We just need to avoid the last weekend in July to ensure that doesn't happen again.   :)

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Mutt on December 18, 2008, 11:27:30 PM

We'll all have to get together and sign another shirt and do some more curves.

Mutt

You mean like this one:

Its still hanging up there.  :-)

David

Mutt

Just like that...but with more people.

Mutt

New Year's eve turned in to a pre-planning event in my garage. 5 family bikers talking about a visit to the Dragon in April or May. It would be diverse for sure....Suzuki dual sport 400, Kawaski 600 Ninja, Yamaha Venture, Yamaha star 1100 and a Vision. Rag tag bunch of folks. But then it could have been the booze talking..... :D

YellowJacket!