Releasing your inner bike...............

Started by treedragon, October 20, 2008, 08:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treedragon

uuuuuummm......... my bike has changed a little, a lot of it quite subtle, some not  ;D  ;D  ;D

If you are an XZ purist be warned it may offend a little (but note I am too far away to throw rocks at)

The page is a bit picture heavy but by the time you have read the list of changes at the top there will be something to look at, quite what it is.......... well you decide.
There is lots more to......... well evolve, but I think progress so far is worthy of a picture or two to update things.

http://www.martin-rusholme.co.nz/index_xz550_face.html

joevacc

That looks great!
I can't wait to hear bout the engine mods.
Good luck with it.
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Tiger

8) Hmmmmmmm, interesting, very interesting 8) I like the open rear end look, nice pipes and the fairing remodeling is neat to... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Rick G

Nice job, very clean!   The "face" looks a little, like  some kind of monster with a red mouth.  Could I have the details on the fork gaiters ? I need to add those to mine , we get lots  and lots of sand here in Arizona.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

treedragon

Well actually I got the dates wrong they were Triumph 1964-68 and there is some for sale here at

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-accessories/Suspension/auction-183156115.htm

which is a NZ version of E-Bay.

I have been a great fan of them ever since I did a particular run through one of the more bug ridden parts of NZ on the FZR and ended up with sliders plastered with dehydrated bug soup, (quick trip it were), can't be good I thought need protection.  ;D

and while I think on a tad the upper hole was too big so I super glued a soft rubber ring inside them to sleeve them down to size and then a touch or two of glue to hold them in place at the the top of the sliders. Easy enough to pull off but strong enough to stay put.

couchflyer

1982 Yamaha Vision ~ 1 Black & 1 Red
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S
2008 Ducati 1098 ~ Track only
Sola Scriptura

reardeac

i like the paint scheme... with the pinstriping it reminds me of a moto guzzi finish

treedragon

Thanks for the comments guys

I've just added a "glow to the eyes" and posted a couple of night time pics of it "lurking" they are at the bottom of that page.
Not so sure I would want to meet it backed into a dark corner  ;D  ;D  ;D
They glow nicely daytime as well. I used 5w amber wedge bulbs in the end, very easy to fit.

This whole thing is turning out to be rather fun with some attractive spin off's ie: my spanner man is getting really keen and with a little prodding has decided to shave a touch more off the XZ400 flywheel before I put it in but even better is working out the details of the new headers........... YES!!!
This is a dept he excels in.

reardeac:
The paint scheme is the one the bike came with, not necessarily going to stay that way...... I paint as well as sculpt  ;D

h2olawyer

I like the look.  Very sharp!  While I'm a mostly purist for my bike, that doesn't mean I feel everyone else should be.  Bikes are a personal form of transportation and the bike one rides should reflect the rider's personality.  Well done modifications - like yours - are great.  Only when a bike reaches true collector status does it enter the realm of 'restore to original condition' - maybe with some upgrades for safety / rideability, but only if the bike is actually ridden.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

inanecathode

Quote from: treedragon on October 23, 2008, 04:35:28 AM
Thanks for the comments guys

I've just added a "glow to the eyes" and posted a couple of night time pics of it "lurking" they are at the bottom of that page.
Not so sure I would want to meet it backed into a dark corner  ;D  ;D  ;D
They glow nicely daytime as well. I used 5w amber wedge bulbs in the end, very easy to fit.

This whole thing is turning out to be rather fun with some attractive spin off's ie: my spanner man is getting really keen and with a little prodding has decided to shave a touch more off the XZ400 flywheel before I put it in but even better is working out the details of the new headers........... YES!!!
This is a dept he excels in.

reardeac:
The paint scheme is the one the bike came with, not necessarily going to stay that way...... I paint as well as sculpt  ;D

So hey, how much are you charging for the updated headlights and bezel  ??? ??? :D
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

hermit

Nice, good to see some personalization,  bet you're beaming from ear to ear! 
Doug