News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

82 vs. 83 regulators

Started by kwells, June 08, 2004, 08:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

is there difference in these units or are they interchangeable?

Kevin
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Rick G

There the same, But try to get one from a Kwaker KZ or  honda CX 500, they have abigger heat sink.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

nvdranger

ok there is one on ebay right now from a honda CX 500 but there is a red connector.  do you have to solder this one in?  the connector just doesn't seem like it would be a plug in and go play type.  just wonderin and thinkin i'll pick it up since my electrex stator os on the way/not sure how long the yamaha r/r will last.

Ken
'82 Vision project.  First Vision, First Bike.
Sometimes monkeys die, Sometimes monkeys die.  It not a good saying, but its a saying.

Lucky

You should solder the stator anyway, it's a no-brainer "set it & forget it" thing.  Visions are hard on stators & R/R's. any resistance or corrosion at the R/R connectors breeds more heat, resistance & corrosion leading to expensive failure of both the R/R & stator.  do you really want to open that case up next year or the year after that?

solder & relocate it, you'll be all set.
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

nvdranger

i knew about the three white wires but the red connector threw me off.  i figured i would have to b/c the connector, but wasn't sure. Thanks.

Ken
'82 Vision project.  First Vision, First Bike.
Sometimes monkeys die, Sometimes monkeys die.  It not a good saying, but its a saying.