A wee gold mine...

Started by Tiger, November 02, 2008, 04:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) They reckon "All good things come to them that wait"... Damn, I must wait well :o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I went to see a guy on Saturday with some "bits 'n pieces" that I might be interested in... ??? When I get to his place, he has (and all Star Silver), parts left from a previous room mate sitting in his garage:

A solid gas tank!!! It has a couple of dents and there isn't a petcock or gas cap but hey!!!

The right & left side covers (& the lower battery cover), complete with superb Vision emblem's and NO cracks or broken tab's!!!   

A pair of chrome '82 header pipes. They have a couple of nicks & dinks...

A brand new, still in the original Yamaha box, right hand mirror... 8)

Anyhoooooo, I said to the guy...

"O.K. how much for the lot... ???

"Hmmmmmm" says he..."How about $40.00 for it all"... ???

Whooooooops, I had to give him back his arms & sleeves :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

No, not for sale boys & girls... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

vadasz1

I bet that's the guy I e-mailed about those parts earlier this week, but he never called me.  Saw his ad on Craigslist.  The tank is not bad looking at all.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Aelwulf

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Rick G

Your just lucky you didn't dislocate your elbow , getting your wallet out! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike