Oh Bugger!!!

Started by Tiger, January 01, 2009, 06:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT @ oh.

Ugh........I know how it feels ......Good Luck John

kev10104

Sorry to hear of your accident John.I wish I read this before I sent you an email but if their is anything I can do to help just let me know.

Tiger

Quote from: kev10104 on January 04, 2009, 03:50:30 PM
Sorry to hear of your accident John.I wish I read this before I sent you an email but if their is anything I can do to help just let me know.

:) No problem Kev. All is in hand but thank you for the offer... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
ps Your hard bags are off and ready for you to pick up...if you would like to help 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

Quote from: GT @ oh. on January 04, 2009, 03:25:48 PM

ah ha! there's the problem..... Visions don't like to be trailered  :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Jay

Major bummer on that one! Good luck on getting things back together.
1982 Yamaha Vision - Restore in progress
1992 Honda Nighthawk CB750 - Salvage Restore
1994 Subaru SVX - Restore in progress
2004 Ford Excursion - Daily driver

Rick G

let me know what you need, I probably have it.  This kind of thing makes you feel really rotten !  During the '05 Calrov visit to Kingman , I was juggling my brand new helmet  AND my Vision . I ended up dropping the Vision and destroying the right front turn signal and the front brake lever. Luckily that was all. Best of luck  on your repair.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

GT @ oh.

The gremlins in Visions can be very destuctive..... as you probably well know NV

Aelwulf

Quote from: Night Vision on January 04, 2009, 08:50:07 PM
Quote from: GT @ oh. on January 04, 2009, 03:25:48 PM

ah ha! there's the problem..... Visions don't like to be trailered  :D

Got that right, worst scare I had with mine was unloading it from the truck once.  Jumped right off with no warning and hadn't been on the edge of the ramp. :P Thankfully that instance only one wheel came off and landed rubber down so just dropped the back to the ground.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Tiger

:) I have "The Mistress" semi stripped down, (full fairing and gas tank are off, as is the back rack, rear light, etc, etc), and I'm going over her to make sure I don't miss anything.

The damage is mainly to the left side... fairing lower and vent are shattered, the mirror snapped clean off at the base plate, the front left indicator was just a stump and the body of the right indicator, at the stalk, was cracked!! The rear light cowl shattered into several pieces but the rear light unit is fine. Back rest pad bent in two and split open, so its shot and there is a 1" x 1/4" paint chip out of the gas tank but no dent(s).   

It gives me a chance to get her cleaned and checked over properly before the rebuild process...I washed her all down in brake and parts cleaner to remove all the oil that flowed out of her from being up-side-down for several minutes. Removed and cleaned out the air box in the parts washer to get all the oil and grime out. Replaced the front vent hose to the air box. Tidied up some of the wiring, etc...and she has had an oil and filter change 8)
So she is coming along fine at present...

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Cdnlouie

Hey Tiger, glad to see the cold January weather here is not affecting your spirits (no play on words intended).  Depending on what you decide to do with the gas tank I will mention that I have an airbrush that if you could get a close paint match we could touch up the chip until you decide for a redo.

Let' have a look at the mirror in case I can help you with a fix, again until you find a suitable replacement.  At least we can kick around a couple of ideas and maybe get a decent fix in place.  Some of this stuff takes time to replace and you want to find a decent deal too, so let me know what I can do for ya.

I just completed a nice workbench (Christmas project) in my little 'one-car' garage so I have a workspace now I can come back to from time to time. I'm finally going to have a place for the drill press (buffing projects), and a permanent vise -  ;D hallelujah!. I've been rejigging my space to fit two motorcycles, my wife's rag-top, and a work bench, and I finally succeeded.

See you soon  :)

QBS

What a wonderful cooperative Spirit.  You guys are the best!

Night Vision

Tiger's man den is a one car garage.

Honestly, I don't see how a car would fit in there and still open the doors  ???

good thing is... he switches on the overhead lights, breaks wind, and it's plenty warm  :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Rick G

One of my mirrors has been welded, probably a similar incident , to yours.
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Tiger

Quote from: QBS on January 12, 2009, 12:42:37 PM
What a wonderful cooperative Spirit.  You guys are the best!

8) I have to admit that the OnROV crew and honorary members that attend the spring/fall ride's are terrific people...We have a great camaraderie here 8)

Thank you all for your offers of help, advice and part(s)... 8)

My Man-cave is a reasonably well organised, well stocked, single car garage...that no cages enter!!! It helps that I sell hardware/electrical/chemical, etc products for a living...as well as the storage bins/drawer systems...that I amass my "stuff" in :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;) I like the idea that I don't have to go out to buy that nut/bolt/washer/screw/fuse/fuse holder/bulb/butt connector, etc, etc...I just order from work and it/they are delivered to my door 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:) Its been so cold of late that I couldn't work in the garage without being all bundled up in winter attire!!!...those who know me know that "T" shirt 'n shorts are what I normally wear around the house/garage :o Anyhoooooo, I went out yesterday and bought one of those propane heaters...like a wee jet engine!!! Man, that warmed my wee man cave up...to the point that I had to open the side door for a while :o ::) :D :D :D :D :D With the door open I decided to fire her up and get her up to working temps for a few minutes before shutting her down...great to hear those MAC's roar again 8)

I found a new back rest pad on eeeeeebay last night and purchased that...that should be here soon 8)

O.K...back to the "Man Cave"...now that its nice and warm... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

YellowJacket!

Advice from a Respiratory Therapist:  Fresh air ventilation/circulation is VERY important.  CO kills without you knowing it!  Be careful my friend.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Rick G

I had one of those 35000 btu, propane powered jet engine heaters. I used it in my daughters garage in OR. I put it next to the man door in the rear , to supply combustion air for the burner and opened the garage door about 1 foot to exhaust  some of the CO and by products of combustion. Even so we could not run it longer than 30 min. before noticing we were getting groggy.
It was too large for my shed so I bought a radiant heater  (adjustable from 5,000 to 15,000 btu  ) it does a fair job , uses less fuel and produces much less CO, even so I keep one of the double doors open, in my 10 x 10 shed. 
I suggest you get a CO detector and keep an eye on it while you work.
Rick G

Tiger

:) While working in the garage yesterday, I had a window open all the time....and the main garage door open when I was running the "V". However, good advice guys... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Walt_M.

Tiger, what's up with the RZ500 avatar? You didn't grab the one that was on ebay last week did you? I've always thought I wanted one but it just hasn't happened.
Whale oil beef hooked!

don_vanecek

He's probably having the same problem I now have, I can't seem to get the site to take any pictures-even ones I have used before, anyone know how to solve this??